“Fantastic! Highly recommended B&B.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trumansburg
The Inn at Gothic Eves
Ranked #2 of 9 Trumansburg B&B and Inns
“Fantastic! Highly recommended B&B.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Gothic Eves is a beautiful bed and breakfast that is centrally located .The owner, Rose was there to receive us and gave us the best of service and hospitality. The Reisling Suite was beautiful, clean and cozy. Breakfast was fresh and delicious.We will surely stay there again ;-)

• Stayed May 2014
Rosebandb, Owner at The Inn at Gothic Eves, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for staying with me and taking the time to share your experience. I enjoyed taking care of both of you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The owner Rose has done a wonderful job of remodeling this old property. The woodwork is beautiful. The Cayuga room has a nice sitting area with a gas stove which is nice and cozy. The bedroom was extremely overheated the first night. She turned the thermostat down for the next night, but it was still quite variable during the night. The mattress in the room was worn out or not supported properly, so we barely slept for 2 nights. The breakfast was tasty, but certainly not on par with other higher priced bed and breakfasts in which we have stayed. Part of this was the requirement for no meat or dairy for one of the guests. We expected much better for the price. Often others have had snacks available, or perhaps a glass of sherry.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cougarwoman
Rosebandb, Owner at The Inn at Gothic Eves, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review my property. When choosing the service and conditions of the house to provide my guests, I try to give the most luxurious experience in the hopes to satisfy the discerning guests. You have mentioned a few things and I would like to respond to all of them.

I am glad that you were able to appreciate all of the work done to the house and wanted to spend over 2 hours asking questions about the process, supplies and the act of love to achieve it. It took 6 years to rebuild it and the house has clear pine paneling, doors and trim. It was designed to imitate a Queen Anne interior and exterior architecture.

Each room in the house has controls to alter room temperature. You can turn radiators off if you are warm or turn your gas fireplace on if you are chilled. There are ceiling fans in each room to provide even temperatures. You mention that the fireplace made your room cozy which implies that you had it on and the temperature was appropriate to enjoy it. Then you were warm through the night which made sleeping difficult. Could the fireplace have been left on? I do not know this. The thermostat was set at 64 degrees and when altered the second night after you mentioning the over heated room, I turned it down to 60 and reviewed the in room temperature control options.

The mattresses at the Inn are a Sealy Posterpedic firm plush mattress. It is one of most expensive mattresses offered and I chose this one because of its high ratings. Each year, a few mattresses are replaced and no mattress is older than 4 years currently. This mattress was the most recent one purchased. The support structure of the mattress was checked and it is not faulted and is functioning correctly.

Breakfast is served with as much local and organic ingredients to provide a gourmet but healthy meal. I served one morning during your stay a sharp cheddar cheese polenta with sauteed mushrooms, and thinly sliced roasted brussel sprouts with two poached organic local eggs. Your partner, due to the diet needs of no dairy and no meat, was served the same except quinoa with a garlic scape pesto instead of the polenta. I started this breakfast with sauteed local apples, in a small warm pool of 1/2 and 1/2 and 5 spice with toasted almonds. Your partner was served the same but with raspberry juice instead of cream. The breakfast drinks served every morning were our french pressed locally roasted Gimme coffee and raspberry juice.

As far as snacks, our guests are provided in your room, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, popcorn, a Keurig to brew coffee, mugs, glassware, a microwave and a refrigerator. I do not provide sherry it is a liability that I am not willing to accept.

I am sorry that the Inn did not fulfill your expectations or the standards that you are used to enjoying. I hope that in your future travels that you are able to find an establishment that will provide the necessary conditions to meet your expectations.
Bloomfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husband and I traveled with 2 friends to the Finger Lakes and stayed for several nights at Gothic Eves. Upon first arrival, it looked a bit rustic from the exterior and I wasn't sure it would live up to some of the great B&Bs we've stayed at. However, once we explored a bit, it did not disappoint. We chose to share the Potter House, which was fantastic for 2 couples. Everything was extremely clean, it was aesthetically pleasing with lots of beautiful woodwork, the suites were very comfortable and there was more than enough common area between the dining room, living room and patio. We reserved the hot tub one night and really enjoyed relaxing under the stars with a glass of wine. Rose was very helpful with great restaurant recommendations (we loved Hazelnut Kitchen) and she made GREAT breakfasts with ingredients from her garden, locally roasted coffee and homemade jams. Her omelets with various greens and garlic scapes were to die for, as was her apricot jam (though sadly I think she said the tree died, so get it while you can)! As for area attractions, we thoroughly enjoyed Treman State Park, Taughannock Falls, and of course the many wineries. We would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Can't speak for the main building, but the Potter House was great- both rooms had very nice atmo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed overnight here from a Sunday to a Monday. The inn is clean, well-appointed, welcoming, and very comfortable in the way a good B&B should be. The food was excellent. Rose is very friendly and accommodating. Trumansburg is just a great town. I took advantage of four things that I think everyone who stays here should be sure not to miss:

1. The in-house spa
2. Hike at Taughannock State Park (gorgeous all year and a 3-minute drive away)
3. The town of Trumansburg, a 5-minute walk away. Gimme! Coffee, Hazelnut Café, and Life's So Sweet Chocolates are all local culinary treasures.
4. Outdoor hot tub (the temperature was below freezing and the sky was beautiful and clear).

Cayuga Creamery and dozens of wineries are within a 30-minute drive and all worth the trip, too. I really could not have had a better time. Thanks!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
london
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We've stayed at the Gothic Eves two times, and I cannot recommend highly enough. Rose will do anything she can to ensure that your stay is a fantastic one. The breakfasts are fantastic - interesting and tasty food, sourced locally. The rooms are very nicely done - classic decor that is also very functional. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Rosebandb, Owner at The Inn at Gothic Eves, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
I appreciate the time you have taken out of your busy day. Making my guests happy is not always possible under the best of conditions but it is our goal. I look forward to seeing your young family again.
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was a last minute mother-daughter trip to the Finger Lakes. I came across the Gothic Eves listing, called & spoke to Rose regarding accommodations. She was very gracious and helpful – she advised that she did not have the same room available for both nights and suggested that we stay in the Riesling the first night & then move upstairs to the Chardonnay for the second night. Upon arriving, we discovered how charming Gothic Eves is. It is beautifully appointed – Rose has a definitive touch when it comes to interior design – taking a historic home with classic bones and updating it without losing its charm. We found both rooms very clean and comfortable. Chardonnay was our favorite – a spacious room with a cozy fireplace, a gorgeous bathroom and a comfortable king-size bed. Both breakfasts were delectable and the fellow guests were enjoyable company.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Rosebandb, Owner at The Inn at Gothic Eves, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn. There are so many choices for travelers in the Finger Lake Region. You and your daughter had planned out your trip. I remember finding you in the living room pouring over your paperwork for the next day. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. The Chardonnay suite was renovated recently and has been very popular.
OZ
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The Inn was recommended to us by a friend. Perfect for our Anniversary get away. A Great cozy Inn with lots of charm. The owner , Rose , was very helpful with tips on the area and makes an awesome locally sourced breakfast served with some great locally sourced conversation. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phil G
Most people do not have friends to personally recommend an Inn to stay. Thank you for doing the next best thing, passing your comments on about your experience at my Inn for future guests to read on TripAdvisor. I take every winter to update and improve the Inn. This winter is no different. I believe this is the best way to keep the Inn current to guests needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trumansburg
Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca
The Statler Hotel at Cornell University
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
#1 of 9 in Watkins Glen
La Tourelle Hotel, Bistro, Spa
The Fox and the Grapes Bed and Breakfast
The Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars

Been to The Inn at Gothic Eves? Share your experiences!