“Enjoyable restaurant and pub...”
Review of The Tap House

The Tap House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tap House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Tuckahoe
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Located in Tuckahoe, NY, The Tap House is an inviting gastro-pub with a warm interior, cozy tables and a great classic-design bar.
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Located directly across the street from the Tuckahoe train station, the Tap House was our choice for a quiet Sunday lunch. When I walked in I was struck by the warmth of the bar area, tables and booths. The menu was varied, I chose the chicken parm sliders, my son chose the pork sliders and his companion the French toast. Everything was well prepared, hot and tasty. I would categorize the prices as on the high side of moderate but would definitely recommend. I am looking forward to visiting again for a beverage and dinner.

1  Thank DJMADM

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We live in the area and go around 1 to 2 times a month. Looks like an English gastropub with a long bar down one side. The Tap House has a large selection of drinks and a very good beer list.
Food is very good - from buffalo wings to seared tuna. Daily specials and seasonal specials are very good. They really try to come up with innovative dishes and they succeed.
Staff is friendly and professional and doesn't try to push you on ordering more.
Music is played very softly (thankfully) and is along the lines of 80s new wave which we enjoy.
Portion sizes are just right.
Not too pricey and good value for money.

2  Thank MichaelNewYork
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Enjoy going here for a glass of wine. Food is decent, they do a good burger & yummy sweet potato fries.

1  Thank Louise168
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We've been to this restaurant on numerous occasions. It has exceeding gone downhill. The food used to be fairly good, but has now significantly deteriorated. Small portions, high prices is the norm. This could easily be overlooked if the food was good and/or of good quality. Sorry to say, but the last few times we visited, the food was terrible...meaning, neither of good quality or of good taste. Too bad! Given that there other restaurants in the area that provide good food and good quality, I would suggest you forego this place. We won't go back again unless there is a drastic change.

1  Thank Eloise K
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I have never come across a bar that turns patrons away. I have tried to have a drink here with friends on three separate occasions all after 10pm. On all three occasions we were told "sorry the bar is closed". Why turn away paying customers!? We do not feel welcomed and we will not be returning.

1  Thank Landshark22