Park Motel and Cabins
Hotel Saranac, Curio Collection by Hilton(Saranac Lake)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$141
Priceline
Great 4.5/5
Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn and Hotel(Saranac Lake)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$79
Very Good 4/5
Shaheen's Adirondack Inn(Tupper Lake)
Red Top Inn(Tupper Lake)
  • Free Internet
Tupper Lake Motel(Tupper Lake)
Lakeview Motel(Tupper Lake)
Adirondack Motel(Saranac Lake)
TripAdvisor
Great 4.5/5
Sara-Placid Motor Inn(Saranac Lake)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsbagelswild centeran upgradeher husbandroom was cleanlabor day weekendnice ownersthe ownermaggiefaucethikemiles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Over a slightly ill planned trip to the Adirondacks, we had to cancel and rebook our hotel reservation at the Park Motel. Not only were Maggie and Jerry (the owners) most accommodating of our changing plans, they even managed to clear up a room for us in the dead of the night in just 20 minutes. After a 15 hour hike, it was the nicest thing ever.

True the hotel is old and the cabins outdated, but the room was clean and provided everything we needed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Had a great stay. Large comfortable room. Free internet connection. Great winter hiking in the Area.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We booked this motel on line from the UK 6 weeks before we travelled to the States. We can honestly say that this was the worst place we have ever stepped foot in. The tiny "Cabin" was the size of a garden shed and the room was filthy. The beds looked like they had been slept on and the toilet and shower were disgusting and only big enough to stand up in. The room smelt musty and damp and the curtains hung off the rails. Needless to say we did not stay and the only thing to the owners credit was that they gave us our money back without argument. Avoid this place at all costs!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Lizgod
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We were given the phone number of the Park Motel by a relative we planned to visit in Tupper Lake. We were pleased with the courteous, friendly response to our initial call. My wife was looking forward to meeting Maggie personally, since she was so impressed after the phone call. Upon arriving, Maggie showed us several cabins, allowing my wife to test the beds to find one best suited to her chronically aching back. We found the accomodations fully suitable, and really felt like guests. Should we venture back to Tupper Lake, the Park will be our home base!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Edgar A
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I have to admit, when I first saw our room (#8 - #2 of the photos provided), I was a little disappointed. It was small, dank, and had a bed that seemed to have had too many guests over the years. I didn't even unpack my suitcase, something I compulsively do even on a one night stay.

But - the funny thing was, I awoke the next morning, and all of a sudden, saw this place for what it is. You know those quirky little cabins that you used to stay at when on vacation in the 60s? Well, this is one of them. After having spent the day at the Adirondack museum the previous day, I realized - this is one of the "camps" that people have been returning to the Adirondacks for years to enjoy. No, it's not a chain - and certainly, in Dallas, $79 would buy you a much nicer room. But - this is an experience.

So, in the morning I unpacked my suitcase - only to be informed by my husband that he had talked with the proprieter (an extremely friendly woman) and we were going to be changing rooms to a larger room (#6 - #6 of the photos provided). Our new room was more spacious - and updated. The tv was actually a flat screen tv (notice, I didn't say flat panel.) I think we were in a time warp and went from 1960 to 1965. Only the color tv belied that fact.

But - I would give this place 4 stars for these reasons:

First and foremost - I think it is an authentic Adirondack experience. Where else can you find a motel like this?? There are plenty of motels of this type in the Adirondacks, but if not this one - do stay in a motel like it. You won't be able to have this experience forever - as these places seem to be falling by the wayside, literally. Help support the local economy.

Second - The proprieters were working every time I saw them. They are friendly, hospitable, and welcoming. It was easy to imagine that you've known them for 30 years.

Third - The pool is refreshing. The breakfast suitable. And the room - tolerable. Don't be too judgmental. Enjoy the experience. It is a "cabin" in the Adirondacks!

Again, I would highly recommend you to come to Tupper Lake for the experience. It's like stepping back in time. And since I'm from Texas - I certainly recommend the temperatures there in the summer!

Room Tip: Just ask. I am sure that the proprieters (I wish I knew the names) would give you the best available.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple