“Your basic convention hotel”

Long Island Marriott
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Uniondale
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I traveled to this hotel to give a talk to a group of a few hundred people for work. I stayed for just 1 night. My room was clean and comfortable and had everything I needed to prepare. Internet was reliable and desk space was adequate. The meeting space in the lower levels of the hotels was typical. And the staff seemed to be helpful.

The hotel is a bit out of the way, and other than the Coliseum there wasn't much going on in the neighborhood, although I did have an enjoyable meal in the hotels sports bar where I got to see a large number of folks pre-gaming.

The hotels convenience store seemed a little pricey, but not out of line for this type of place.

Breakfast was included in my room rate but I was charged for it separately and needed to dispute the charge. They removed the charge quickly and without complaint.

Overall it was a decent comfortable stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 May 2012

I have stayed here many times over the last 15 years. Always a positive stay. Clean rooms and nice staff. Good fitness room. It's conveniently located to many of the main roadways to travel the island. Near a number of things to do including Nassau Coloseum, Eisenhower Park and the Roosevelt field Mall. If you are visiting Hofstra, it is blocks away. Has decent food options within. The one thing that surprised me is that it no longer has a Starbucks. No worries, there is one across the street.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ATO39
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This is your typical well-run Marriott next to the Nassau Coliseum on Long Island. Reserved two rooms with breakfast and was pleasantly surprised to get upgraded to a corner Executive room when we checked in. Rooms were clean, as to be expected, hotel was quiet, bathrooms were big, and breakfast was nice. A little pricey at $200 per night w/breakfast but overall a very nice stay. Would definitely do it again, if necessary.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I always book this hotel when visiting my son at Hofstra. It is always clean, plenty of free parking and the food is good at the restaurants. I wish they offered free wifi in the rooms. The front desk staff are very nice and helpful.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I've stayed here 3 times to visit relatives. It is always a great value especially considering parking in NYC is $58 nightly at some hotels but free at this property. The hotel is always clean and the staff is always friendly. They even accomodated me when I had accidently booked my reservation for the wrong night! (Now that's customer service!)

I will say stay away from the hair salon that rents space in the hotel. I had my nails done there and it was quite disappointing. BIG MISTAKE! There are so many little nail shops nearby that are much nicer and cheaper.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This hotel is in an easy location to get to; its rigth next to the New York Islanders arena. The hotel is clean and rooms are all updated. The pool is nice and the breakfast buffet is excellent. The cost of the buffet is a bit high but you may be able to get it thrown in with your room if the hotel is not booked very full. The hotel is not far from the LIRR so its easy to get a train into Manhattan.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I thought that I don't have problem with the reservation, but when I come to front desk the receptionist said me that they dont have any room with specification that I needed and wrote in my reservation. I paid more for a poor service and poor facilities.

Room Tip: Please, I never in my life return to this hotel. Please, call them to have some security that you h...