“High School Reunion Site”

Long Island Marriott
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Uniondale
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Hotel was user friendly: quick check -in and -out. Looked clean. Bed comfortable. They paid attention to pre-arrival requests (upper floor, pillows).
Only downside was reunion room was too cold and didn't respond to requests to warm it up.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank babasusan

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Recently stayed here. Let's start with the good. THE STAFF!! The staff at this hotel is awesome. Everyone was smiling and nice and said hello to you. The front desk, the service staff, and others just walking the hallway! Um, is this Long Island? Are you sure? It was really great and very welcoming. You just don't get that anymore so I want to say how much it was appreicated. The restaurant was also good. Its a sports bar so you would think it didn't need to be but the food was good.

Now for the MEH. We stayed in a double bed room. I thought the beds would be queen size but no... they were actual double beds. That was my fault, it clearly says double beds but really, who the heck has double beds anymore if you're not in Europe!? For 3 adults it was ridiculous. It was also weird to me since there was plenty of space for queen beds. Also, the beds were not super comfortable. And they wanted $$ for internet. No free wifi? Really? Is this a joke or is it 2007? Also hotel is in a terrible spot between the Islanders stadium, 2 colleges, and a corporate office park.

Room Tip: Get a king room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2013

this hotel deserves no more than 2 stars. needs an upgrade,marriot is charging too much for an old hotel that needs some renovations, poor wi-fi and for a price,bad room service, bad food,noisy rooms,my main problem is thast you would expect what i mentioned above for a red roof,etc at 99$ a night but for what the marriot is charging it is just not worth it. only pro is the on sight parking, everything else about this facility is just not worth it,very average hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stay here a lot for work. There are a couple of employees in the restaurant (breakfast and Champions) who are great, remember us, and know what we like to order. The housekeeping staff is always friendly and I've always had clean rooms. The staff in the executive lounge is also very friendly and they have a Starbucks machine there.

Not all the rooms are equal in terms of sound. I've had some nights where I couldn't sleep because of my neighbors and other nights where I hear nothing at all.

The front staff changes on a frequent basis, unlike the restaurant staff. I could be there every week and be greeted by someone new. That could explain my recent problem. I noticed recently that I didn't receive my platinum arrival gift points, which I always select. The front staff has always asked, but apparently not put it in. I went back and checked and there were multiple stays where I did not get credited or about 1/2 of the time I've stayed there. I haven't spoken to the hotel, but will do it next time I'm there (tomorrow). Just be sure to check your account and your bill.

Room Tip: Try to avoid connecting rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed here when needed to overnight for a half marathon. The room was adequate and clean. The bed and pillows was very comfortable.
We didn't make use of any of the facilities.
The only negative is that at this day and age they should not charge to use Wi-fi in your room. It is however available in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed here on a business trip. The next day I was working at the Coliseum. I attempted to book a cheaper hotel but by the time I knew I had to take this trip, everything except this hotel was booked up. The total price of the room was $254 and some change. At little pricey for my taste but I figured because of its location to the Coliseum they could charge a little more. Upon arrival I found the parking lot to be a bit of a nightmare. I checked in and a wonderful gentlemen helped me out (I don't know his name but he goes to NYIT. He definitely deserves a raise or something!) the itself was very nice.

I went to log in to the internet only to discover you had to pay $13 for the wifi! Absolutely absurd. Thankfully I had a wifi hotspot to do my work because there was no way I was paying that much for a few hours of internet.

Throughout the course of the night I was woken up by loud people (presumably drunk from the bar and grill downstairs) and lots of doors slamming. Not the best nights sleep I've ever gotten.

In the morning I found that even breakfast was not free. I mean come on. If you're paying that much for a room breakfast and wifi should be complimentary.

While the overall room and atmosphere were nice you can find the same quality stay at a place like the Hampton Inn just a few extra minutes drive away. It'll be about $100 cheaper and they won't nickel and dime you. You'll get free wifi and free breakfast. I know other hotels will do this also but my family are Hilton Honors members so I can only really speak on their hotels.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is the second Marriott I've stayed in for business on Long Island. They're all just a little bit shabby, dated and cheesy. The first thing I saw when I walked into the hotel was "Champions" sports bar -- not a very welcoming respite if you're traveling for business. There is thankfully another space at the back of the hotel with a bar that's quieter and has ample places to plug in your laptop. The rooms are fine but could be cleaner (I think the carpets need to be shampooed). This hotel won't be the worst place you've stayed, but it won't feel like a home away from home either.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uniondale
Hyatt Place Garden City
#2 of 4 in Garden City
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Hilton Garden Inn Westbury
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City

Been to Long Island Marriott? Share your experiences!