“Helpful, friendly staff. Nice little touches!”

Long Island Marriott
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Uniondale
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stay at the Marriott very regularly as I am crew for an airline that flies into JFK. I always find the staff here very helpful and kind, they make you feel that nothing is too much trouble. I especially like arriving to a cup of hot chocolate or a plate of warm cookies which is usually waiting in the lobby for us! Recently it was some
Mexican pastries which were amazing, a real treat after a log flight! The location is a bit blah-blah, but if you are here for business or are needing to be in this area, the Marriott is great. I would recommend. Take advantage of the buffet breakfast too, very reasonable and tasty!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank KR2903

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed here after our Christmas party and must say that despite the difficulty of getting to the place and a few other issues, the interior and the room was spectacular!

Getting onto/into James Doolittle Blvd was a real B@#$%! Instructions/directions to the reception area from the road approach was not particularly good and neither was the lighting, these are the primary reason I don't give it a 5 star. However, the staff was very good (as usual at every Marriott), the room comfortable and spacious. I had a few beers and the prices weren't crazy.

One last thing, I was not too impressed with the breakfast service staff (my waiter), maybe an off morning or regularly unattentive, what ever the case, not impressed at all.

Room Tip: Request the Eastbound view on the higher floors. Its wonderful to wake to the mroning sunrise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My husband and I spent a few nights at this hotel. The room was clean and ready for our arrival. The staff was very cooperative and friendly. We enjoyed dining in the Marriott , as well. We had delicious meals cooked to our taste.
We would recommend this hotel to everyone we know. We cannot wait to return to Long Island and stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Be sure to request which rooms are quieter and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

February 15th, 50th birthday party for Nadine was awesome. The weather outside before the party was a concern for those who were travelling in from the five burrows, however everyone showed up because they wanted to celebrate with Nadine, and because they knew that the venue is an awesome place to have a party. From beginning to end the Marriott staff were welcoming and accommodating. I helped Nadine's husband planning this event, but there was no way the night would have been as fun and successful as it was without the Marriott staff, the sales manager Jenny Kenny,the banquet manager Evelyn and the event manager Carmela.(these ladies sure know their stuff). I stayed at the hotel overnight and was impressed by the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of my room. I highly recommend this hotel for Parties and other special occasions. A+

Room Tip: Corner Suites on the higher floors are larger and quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The Marriott is a nice, convenient conference hotel in Long Island. Easily reached from JFK, it has everything a traveler needs. The rooms were large considering how many there are at the property. The staff was as expected. Near Nassau Coliseum. B+

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel is in a very good location, my wife and I attended an Islanders game and stayed there for the night. However, the girl we dealt with at the front desk was very rude and inconsiderate, Hallie. She put a horrible taste in our mouth, and if the rest of the employees are like her we do not plan on returning to this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bert M, Manager at Long Island Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns. We take your feedback very seriously and would like to discuss this matter with you. Please call Cora our Front Office Manager at 516-229-5093 so that she may better address your concerns. Again, thanks for staying with us and we hope you enjoyed the hockey game and the convenience of our hotel being next door to the Nassau Coliseum.
Bert

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I have no choice but stay here as I'm cabin crew but if I could choose to stay elsewhere I would in a flash!

Warning. You have to leave credit card details with front desk if you want to order off the room service menu. Don't bother. A number of occasions my colleagues have reported extra money being taken off our cards without their authority. Seems the staff are scamming us so I wouldn't be surprised if they are doing the same to regular guests!

Champions bar is completely overpriced for what you get as well! I really do not know who they think they are!

AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tlsussex

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am sorry you did not have a good experience with us. I will address your concerns with the team and use your feedback to make improvements. Rest assured we don't overcharge, however some credit cards and debit cards require an authorization amount and that amount gets re-imbursed by the cardholders bank and is out of our control.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uniondale
Hyatt Place Garden City
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City

Been to Long Island Marriott? Share your experiences!