“Very business oriented”

Long Island Marriott
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Uniondale
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed three nights at this hotel.The hotel is a typical Marriott experience: efficient, clean, excellent beds and bed linens, friendly personnel. As a whole, it was en excellent experience. Thank you Marriott!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Catherine M, Executive Assistant at Long Island Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank you for your review! I am so glad that your stay was enjoyable, and that you experienced the Marriott Hospitality you are accustomed to.
We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I'm a big fan of Marriotts in general! This is an excellent hotel. Service is fast and friendly and the rooms are always clean and nice. My family has stayed here tons of times when coming to visit me at school and of all the hotels in the area, they would never stay anywhere else! My only only complaint is that my room was extremely warm and it was tough to cool it down. But other than that, great stay!

Room Tip: Speak up if your room is too warm! Someone will come and adjust it right away.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights in late March while on Long Island for a conference. Based on previous reviews, I requested and received a non-connecting room on a higher floor (the ninth). When I went to the room for the first time after check-in I could hear TV noise in the hallway from the room next door but heard nothing once inside. The room itself was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and there was a large supply of soft towels in the bathroom. My only complaint about the bath is that the tub did not drain well and the shower curtain flapped about so that I had to weigh it down by putting shampoo bottles, soap, etc. on the side of the tub. I did not eat in the restaurant but did have a perfectly fine (with the exception of the coffee) room service breakfast. The staff I encountered were helpful and efficient; not overly friendly but I don't have a problem with that.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dt63
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our recent stay at this hotel. Friendly and knowledgable staff. Very clean as well. The kids loved it! Breakfast at the restaurant was great! Thank you Elizabeth B. for all of your help in making this trip perfect!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The staff was very accommodating. They went out of their way to give us 2 connecting rooms and were able to let us check in at 2pm. The rooms were clean and had been recently redone. The hotel seems to attract a young active crowd that might be in town for some type of event. We felt the room was quiet during the evening hours. We would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Hallie at the front desk was very unpleasant and very unprofessional. Never do I wish to have to deal with someone on her level at any hotel ever again. The restaurant experience was excellent though. Bartenders and servers were very welcoming and friendly

• Stayed: March 2014
elizabeth b, Manager at Long Island Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns. We take your feedback very seriously and would like to discuss this matter with you. Please call me at 516-794-3800 so that I can address your concerns. Again, thanks for staying with us.

Elizabeth

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed here on two separate occasions, both for several nights, when in the area for work. The hotel lobby and restaurant are quite nice. The hallways and rooms seem a bit dated but generally well maintained. During the second of my two stays, I was placed in a room with a balcony overlooking the interior pool and recreation area (i.e., ping ping table) in the middle of the hotel. Although my room was clean, the balcony seemed grimy, I could see condensation in the ceiling and walls nearby, and the balcony and/or pool area smelled strongly of chlorine with undercurrents of mildew. None of this was a problem if the balcony door was left closed and the curtain drawn. The staff at the hotel were very friendly. I ate dinner in the bar one night and had breakfast at the hotel restaurant two mornings. On all three occasions, the staff were more than willing to accommodate my need for gluten free food, including preparing me separate versions of food on the breakfast buffet so I would not need to worry about my food being contaminated by gluten due to other guests switching the serving utensils between dishes while serving themselves from the buffet.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uniondale
Hyatt Place Garden City
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island

Been to Long Island Marriott? Share your experiences!