“Good dinner on the water”

Aqua Vino Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 184 Restaurants in Utica
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bayport, New York
“Good dinner on the water”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

You sit on the barge canal, small body of water with a small waterfall, also have patio seating with roll downs and outdoor heaters. Great food and atmosphere. Had to walk thru a bridal shower to get to elevator to restaurant, feeling a little awkward.food was delicious, no children's menu but waiter was very accomodating to get a small meal together for our daughter

Norton, Massachusetts
“Had a great Lunch here outside alongside the Erie Canal!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Wonderful lunch meal with my wife at Aqua Vino. It was a beautiful day so we ate on their patio outside right on the erie Canal. Lovely Floral hanging plants all around. Italian food (Riggies) was Deelish! We each had a glass of wine and a lovely meal with attentive and friendly service. We were pleased when we received our check to find that meal was very reasonable considering the quality and quantity of the food. This was a "Hidden Jewel" of a restaurant that was recommended to us by te clerk at our hotel. We loved it and so will you!

“Great find”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

This was our second time at this treasure in Utica. Seated outside looking over a picturesque river, the food is very good and the service very attentive. If you are in the area, this is well worth stopping over for.

• Visited July 2014
New Hartford, New York
“Excellent food with a great gluten free menu”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is one of the best restaurants in the Utica area. As someone with celiac, it is often a challenge to find restaurants that understand gluten free cooking. I am told that the chef's wife has celiac so he understands the chalenges of cooking gluten free. They also carry Bard's beer, which is gluten free. None of the GF beers are great, but Bards is a close second for those of us that can't drink regular beer.

Aside from that, they have a nice variety of excellent entrees. The service is always very good. Kala has been our waitress several times, and is very efficient. They have outdoor seating along the canal. The Erie Canal isn't always a great view, but better than being inside on a warn evening.

For those just passing by, it is located about 1 minute from the Utica exit on the NYS Thruway (I-90), so real easy to get to.

Lyons Falls, New York
“Not even standard!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Such a disappointment. With a name like Aqua VINO - I was expecting them to have a serious wine list, NOT! WInes by the glass were marginal AT BEST! Seriously Sutter Home!! I guess you need to cater to the natives - WOW! The hostess was very sweet and so was our waiter. However, nothing to gush over. I wanted to try the Fried Meatballs since that was definitely a new experience...The meatballs were dry, but the peppers that they came with were delicious. Next came were the salads - very very standard - really why bother? We did get the bread which was very hard and had no taste - again - keep it! When I looked online I noticed that they had this white cream sauce smothering the top of the Seared Tuna so I asked if this could be put on the side and I wanted my Tuna to be RARE! Well thankfully they did put it on the side since this Coconut cream sauce was a very interesting choice to pair with Tuna and did not bring out any other flavor of the Tuna other than a strong coconut. The Tuna was not Rare it was medium, but I was really done at this point so I didn't send it back. My husband had the chicken w/Prosciutto which was overly breaded and was drowning in some type of bland sauce. Unless there is a huge change, we will never be back. There are too many other restaurants that are above standard.

• Visited July 2014