“Great find!”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Mohawk, NY
“Great find!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is a small place, tucked away on the east side of Utica. Great food, wonderful service! The food is all homemade authentic Greek. It is a family owned place - well worth a little trip off the beaten path! No chain food here! Don't miss it!

Visited March 2014

Rome, New York
“Dinner tonight--Jan. 21, 2014”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Excellent food and service--restaurant clean as a whistle---great atmosphere--our first time there--we WILL be back !!!!! husband and wife owners are great people and SO friendly and helpful !!! We could not be more pleased with our visit !!!!!!!!!!

• Visited January 2014
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

This family owned & operated restaurant serves authentic Greek dishes in a friendly setting. The lamb was tender and done just right. The appetizers we tried were good as well. We liked the option of the smaller " neighborhood" sized entrees, which are served with a salad and provided plenty of food.

• Visited June 2013
Virginia
“The absolute BEST authentic Greek food I have ever had!”
Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

I started going to this restaurant when they first opened in the early 90's I think. I moved away about 10 years ago and have thought about their food ever since. I finally went back after all these years and could not wait to eat here. The owner and his wife remembered me after all these years. The food was so delicious just like I remembered. I had the calamari appetizer and grape leaves. For my entree the lamb neighborhood with Greek salad. The calamari was light and crispy (so fresh) the grape leaves with warm pita and tziki were absolutely delicious. The lamb was so tender and juicy cooked to perfection. This is probably the ONLY restaurant I can say is absolutely perfect. There are other local Greek restaurants but their food is nowhere near as fresh, authentic or delicious as The Acropolis. If you are looking for real Greek come here you will not be disappointed! I wish I could bring them back to VA with me.

Utica, New York
“Best lunch place in Utica!”
Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

Acropolis is located a few miles from my place of employment and we order from them one to two times a month. They have never served me or my co-workers a bad meal. The owner is the one who cooks during lunch (they are only open for take-out at lunch) and also the one you pay when you pick up. He is super nice, a great businessman.

You can't beat the salad for lunch, $7 for a huge salad with bread. You'll love the house dressing and grape leaves. Absolutely one of my favorite places in Utica!

Been to The Acropolis? Share your experiences!