Econo Lodge
Doubletree.com
US$99
US$91
Good 3.5/5
Red Roof Inn Utica(Utica)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$72
US$61
US$86
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2006

We were attending a wedding in Utica. I searched the websites for hotels in Utica. I found the Super 8 in Utica. By looking at the web site it looked like a nice hotel. The room at first site was okay. But after looking around we found it very disgusting. The entire room and bathroom needs a complete make over. We stayed there because we did not want to drive 2 hours back home. We paid 160.00 to stay there and could not wait to leave and get home to take a shower. We never used the shower beause of the condidtion that it was in. From now on I will be sure to read all comments and reveiws about hotels before I book a room. I would not reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank Martha5678
Reviewed 3 October 2005

I chose this motel because I was on a budget, but did not want to go real low end. For $70 I got a clean, reasonably updated room with a round table and 2 chairs plus an upholstered chair and a king size bed. In addition the room had a small refrigerator and microwave. The lobby had a public Internet connected computer and wireless access was provided as well. The continental breakfast was pretty mediocre - white flour bagels, cream cheese, doughnuts, OJ and java.

This hotel is in the Days Inn group and offers a frequent traveler program, with extra credits till December 2005 (two stays earn you a $25 gift certificate).

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 October 2003

This was by far the worst Super 8 we've ever stayed in. Turns out it's individually owned. Obviously not built from a standard Super 8 plan, it had NO soundproofing in it at all. We could not only hear people talking outside our room, but I who need a hearing aid was able to understand every word! Truck AND CAR noise came through loud and clear all night. This place is right next to the NY State Thruway. Car alarms in the night, people banging on doors in the middle of the night. These are not the hotel's fault, but being able to hear them so clearly is.
The entrance was filthy, lobby carpet filthy, employees more interested and breaking through the four-hundred-pound mark with their pizzas than helping us (had to get up from the sofa in the lobby and believe me, it was a struggle) when we arrived. You should not even associate this place with the Super 8 chain which I think is generally acceptable.
Looks like in Utica, you're just going to have to spend more money on a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2003
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 August 2003

Yuck - I would stay away from this place unless, like me, you arrive in town late at night and it's the only hotel with available rooms. The room was dirty (things smeared on the walls, flies in the room, bugs on the bathroom floor) and the curtains didn't even shut all the way on the front window (this was a ground floor, exterior corridor room!).
All this and it was not even cheap!! I might have given it a just barely "ok" rating but considering the high price, there is nothing to redeem this place.

2  Thank inkwave17