“Very unassuming from the street, but great food is in inside !!”

Sunny Restaurant Asian Cuisine
Ranked #32 of 183 Restaurants in Utica
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: Cambodian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Our 1st visit, to this Asian style restaurant . Cuisine has many facets with a Vietnamese leaning. I had pork noodle soup, a HUGE bowl! My wife enjoyed a noodle soup with seafood, and my son had a bbq sauced seafood and vegetable medley sautee: called "strange seafood" on the menu. We also enjoyed fresh vegetable spring rolls and steamed dumplings as appetizers to share. The restaurant was not busy on a sunday night before labor day. The attentive waitress refilled our water glasses often. Great food and attentive speedy service! We will be back again. $44.00 including tip. The restaurant was super clean and tastefully decorated.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This restaurant offers a variety of Asian food. It is very clean and the service is great. There are so many dishes that it takes a bit of time to decide. Great spot for a nice evening with the family.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I was traveling with friends and we decided to get off of the highway in Utica NY. When I saw the reviews on Trip Advisor, I felt that we should try it. I am so glad we did. The restaurant is very modest but, clean. But, the food was really delightful. The Hot and Sour Soup was the best I have ever had. The Crispy Noodles with Chicken and Beef was wonderful - the sauce was unique and memorable.

The Pho had a wonderfully complex broth worthy of taking home for a 2nd meal.

Great lunch and tremendous value. I'm glad we stopped during our journey and happy the restaurant was open on a Sunday afternoon. I'll be stopping back on my next way through Upstate New York!

Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

There may be more authentic Thai around but this place can't be beat for price, taste, and service. Just go!
Did I mention it is BYOB? Can't beat that either.

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

The waitress was very rude and unfriendly , after I asked how much was the mealfor pick up.. food is pretty good but its not the best.. the only good thing about this place is they give a very nice amount of food for good deals .