“Best Restaurant in Utica, NY, Area”
Review of The Willows

The Willows
Ranked #18 of 185 Restaurants in Utica
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The Willows has become my favorite destination for delicious, creative, and well prepared meals. From soups, salads, appetizers, and entrees, the chef has developed a great menu, which incorporates fresh local food items. The service staff are all very attentive, professional, and personable. For anyone who has not yet tried The Willows, I highly recommend it!

1  Thank Margaret R

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Willows is our "go to" place for a perfect evening! Menu is fabulous. Love the rack of lamb...actually everything!

1  Thank Moe20
Reviewed 27 December 2013

One of the best restaurants in the Utica area for sure!!! Great food and very attentive staff! Be sure you try it out!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

My book group went to the Willows for our annual Christmas dinner.the place was packed at 6:30. The parking was horrible. With the snow & ice on the parking lot patrons parked with no regard for anyone else. A mess!!!! We were seated right away. The noise level was very loud. Our waitress was wonderful. Even though she was very busy, she treated us special. Each of us had a different entree. No complaints from anyone. My duck confit was excellent. The chicken maple, the salmon, the venor snittzle, pasta shrimp dish & the fruit de mer were all enjoyed. A good dining experience . The desserts were decadent,,,

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Two friends and I went to dinner last night - a Tuesday. The staff was very friendly, the atmosphere is nice, the drinks were yummy, the food was sensational, but we waited a long time - almost an hour - for our appetizer. To be fair, there were three large tables nearby, but we were seated first and felt we should have gotten better attention. Thankfully, we were given a plate of fresh-baked bread and fresh butter - both made at the restaurant! Once the appetizer finally arrived, the food was spaced out nicely and beautifully presented. My salmon was cooked to perfection. My friends (who both ordered the same pasta dish) said it was seasoned perfectly and not "over-garliced" like the tendency of some other restaurants. If the appetizer had arrived earlier, I would have rated this an Excellent. That said, I will absolutely return; it's a real gem in Utica.

Been to The Willows? Share your experiences!