“For The Love Of God Don't Stay Here....:”

Happy Journey Motel
Happy Journey Motel
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Terrible ....... Will try to up charge your bill by saying that more people stayed in your room than really stayed ...... And left a Threat on my voice mail ..... Scumbags.........I called back and the "Manager" hung up when I told him that I have his threat still........ Called booking.com on them and reported them ...... STAY AWAY. I gave 1s only because I had to..... Should be ZERO

• Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank elvis19655
HappyJourneyMotel, Webmaster at Happy Journey Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. Please contact us directly if there is any sort of unresolved billing issue. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

There are newer reviews for Happy Journey Motel

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We were only paying to sleep in the room, so why pay $150+ per night at a hotel a few hundred yards away? We were pleasantly surprised with the Happy Journey. The room, including the bathroom, was well maintained, and very clean. The Motel is within walking distance of restaurants and only a one mile from the train station. The staff had a smile and wanted to make sure we were taken care of. No, this isn't a fancy hotel; it doesn't need to be. For $70 a night, this place is a steal.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BT-UpstateNY

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us. I’m very glad that our hotel's excellent rates impressed you. We focus on offering a guest experience that will satisfy a wide range of travelers. When you’re in the area again, I hope you will make us your first choice. We’ll be here when you need us with another great stay that you’re sure to like again.

Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

It was dirty, stink and plain rancid. The rooms are small, I don't believe they clean at all and the service is horrible. Television worked terrible, I felt like I was being punished staying there. Never will this place get a red cent of my money

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank JackdaTripper

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I’m terribly sorry we failed to meet your expectations. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and in the overall experience we provide to guests. I sincerely apologize that we let you down and assure you that action is already being taken to make things better for the future. Your experience is not an indication of how we normally do business, and we’ll work to provide a more consistent experience in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2009

the rooms where discusting, the bathroom discusting, the chairs in the room looked as though they where urinated upon the carpet looked brand new. the doors deedbolt would not engage so we proped a chair up against the handle like in the movies, sign says free cable not a chance not a single channel came in. left one of the snowy channels on just for light and some noise distraction it would have been better to drive another 30 minutes out of the way to not stay at this hotel. i called the front desk to make a complaint no one at the desk. the morning we left there was no one at the desk to greet you or anything drop your keys and run.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chrisandzach2003

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Reviewed 19 May 2008

Our truck broke down on a Sunday on our way to Old Forge so this was the first place we encountered while walking from the auto garage. We had to stay somewhere because we couldn't even get the truck looked at until Monday. Well, from the moment we walked in the office smelled and looked disgusting. We didn't really have any options as we were walking to wherever we were staying, so we got a room. Oh my God how GROSS, is an understatement. The room was the size of a bathroom. The bathroom was the size of a closet. The sheets were dirty & so was everything else. It smelled of urine & mold & musty. I couldn't wait to get out of there. If you are ever stuck in Utica (which we now call EEWWWtica), please take a little extra time to look around for a better place. You will wish you had if you stay at this dump, in fact, dump may be too nice a name for the "Happy????" Journey Motel.

• Stayed: July 2003, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank nsalvofam
Reviewed 1 August 2007

I booked 2 rooms in February for the HOF induction at $100 a night ,although when we arrived there the sign read $79. Then I had to cancel 1 of the rooms (5 days before our arrival) and they changed the rate to $150 for the 1 room.
Also, the room had bugs and the parking lot is horrible.
Avoid this hotel.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank ClutchWestChester_Pa
Reviewed 19 April 2007

My family stayed at Happy Journey(and Scottish Inn, a joined hotel) and got fungal infections. Not only that, we got the bonus bedbugs and fecal aroma when the staff "cleaned" our rooms. The cleaning didn't include trash removal or carpet cleaning and when they did their rounds the room smelled like someone just used the bathroom... each time over the entire week we were there. We were given the rooms by an emergency relief after our house burned. They attempted to keep the pay for multiple rooms, meanwhile giving us one... we called the agency to report this. As we were going through enough with the tragedy in our lives, their brand of hospitality was uncalled for. But, they shouldn't be doing business like that at all. Do yourselves a favor and never stay there... ever

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank sinisterbabe