“Nice hotel.. friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Utica
“Nice hotel.. friendly staff”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel was great! The bed was really comfortable and the location is really convenient to the highway. The room size was amazing! Karin in the breakfast room made me feel like I was talking to an old friend. Great service all around.

However... the breakfast was awful and defintely not worth the calories. The eggs tasted like chemicals and the bacon was no where near edible. Ill be back to the hotel however ill grab breakfast across the street at McDonald's.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Ana F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Krysta B,

Thanks for the review! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience you had with our breakfast. If you ever have any requests such as sausauge or omlets, etc; feel free to let our front desk know. We look foward to your next visit and hope you can enjoy a few of our other amenities such as our indoor heated pool.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
ontario
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed there for one night to break up an 8 hour drive. This is a college town. We were on the second floor and from 10p.m. until 1:30a.m. (when I finally had enough) the girls above us were running, jumping on the beds, etc. I called down and then I literally could hear the knocking on their door...that is how poorly insulated the hotel is. I could basically hear everything. I barely slept. The sad part is the rooms are actually nice..the hotel is only 1 year old so everything is still clean and new looking. The pillows were pieces of foam...but the bed was a queen and comfortable. If you do decide to stay here I would request the top floor.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Jam05Ontario,
We appreciate your feedback, and I do apologize that we weren't able to keep the group of girls under better control. We have shared a few of the concerns we heard from other guests with their group leader, but ultimately it's our responsibility to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stay with us so I'm sorry you weren't able to sleep well. Please reach out to me directly and I will gladly reimburse you for your stay either with a discount or IHG Reward points, or I'd be happy to apply a discount to a future stay.
Brockton, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We spent the night at here in August as we were passing through town. We were very happy with the room, but the highlight of the experience was Mark's amazing customer service - we were greeted with a smile, friendly conversation and sticky buns. He totally made our night after a long drive. I recommend the hotel in general as it was a great value, but the customer service really put it over the top.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Ana F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Hey there Jennifer_s2013828 thanks for the great review! I'm happy to hear that we were able to accomodate your needs. I will be sure to pass on all the great feedback to Mark and the rest of our staff. If your ever in town again maybe you can enjoy our indoor heated pool.
Waunakee
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is a great hotel and the employees are outstanding. Mark Webb at the front desk was especially attentive to the guests. The morning breakfast was excellent. The pool and exercise area were a treat.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Ana F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear BadgerRay, Thanks for the great review. I'm glad that we could accomodate your needs. I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to the rest of the staff. Maybe next time your in the area you can enjoy our complimentary DVD Rentals.
Londonderry, New Hampshire
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Quite often we don't say thank you to the people who cross our paths in life that make someone feel welcome and wanted. Mark Webb is just that individual. We travel to Utica every two months to visit our mom in a nursing home. Mark has been gifted with a spirit that takes what would normally be a sad trip and made it exceptionally joyful and uplifting with his personality and charm. We actually felt like we were on vacation! He offered us impeccable services above and beyond.
Thank you Mark for your kindness, patience and most entertaining stories. Robert & Annabelle McLaughlin. See you soon!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a nice view, we really enjoy the suite with kitchenette
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Belleapets, Thanks for the great review! I'm happy to hear that Mark always goes above and beyond to accommodate your needs. It's a real pleasure to have you stay at our hotel every so often. I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to Mark and the rest of our staff. We look foward to your next visit and maybe you can enjoy one of our famous Holiday Inn Express Warm Cinnamon Buns!
Natick, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed overnight this past weekend while visiting our son at college. Room was clean, comfortable, spacious -- two queen size beds, roomy bathroom. Though we didn't partake in the buffet breakfast, I went and got a cup of tea, and the food looked appetizing with a good selection, and the breakfast room was clean and well kept (and the breakfast is complimentary).
The front desk associate, Ana, was courteous, friendly, and helpful. Price was fair and had we stayed a second night there was a rate deal where that second night was 50% off. Overall, very happy and would recommend this to anyone and certainly stay again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Abe G,
Thanks for giving us such a great review. I'm glad to hear that you appreciated the space in your guest room and bathroom, we're very proud of the way our hotel turned out. If you have time next time you're in the area, remember to ask about our complimentary DVD list at the desk, and you can take advantage of the DVD player in the room and the 40" HDTV!
Lockport, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My boys and I stayed in a suite with grandma and grandpa while in town for a wedding. It was just the best stay ever! Everything was superb. The room was sparkling clean, and we had plenty of towels and soaps even for our big group. The staff couldn't have been more friendly, especially Erin at the front desk, Edna, and Karin at breakfast. They were so kind to my kids, and made sure we had everything we needed. The breakfast buffet was full of pancakes, sausage, eggs, fresh fruit, cereal. . . It was amazing, and they were constantly refreshing it. The pool was clean and warm, and just the right size for our kids, with stairs so they could get in easily.

The location is good too, right off a main road. It's next to a steakhouse, and you could walk past the steakhouse and reach McDonalds. All in all, it was a really nice stay, and I would definitely come here again.

Room Tip: The pool and fitness center are on the first floor, and guest laundry is on the third.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Lydia2020, Thanks for the great review. I'm happy to hear you had such a great stay at our hotel and that we were able to accommodate your needs. It was a pleasure having you and your family stay at our hotel. I'll be sure to pass on your many compliments to the rest of our staff. We hope to see you next time your in the area.