“Nice hotel.”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Alachua, Florida
“Nice hotel.”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

The staff were nice. Breakfast was good as usual. The rooms were updated and clean. It is a new property and it was nicely decorated. We had a rowdy group on our floor - playing hockey in he halls, morning and afternoon; drinking in the halls at midnight - we had to call the front desk about the partying twice before someone broke it up. I understand that the hotel has no control over how their patrons act, but it should be dealt with promptly and groups should be screened better. The manager did try to make it right upon our departure and his efforts are appreciated.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy B
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Amy,
Thanks for giving us your review. We know it's sometimes a struggle with certain groups to get them to follow the rules, so I'm sorry if you weren't able to fully enjoy your stay, but I'm glad to hear we met with you to address the issue. If there's anything else we can do for you to make up for the inconvenience, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
NYC
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stopped at a thruway rest stop for a snack and picked up one of those coupon booklets. I generally have low expectations for motels that advertise in them, but we needed to stop someplace for the night. I am a loyal Holiday Inn Express customer, and there was a coupon for about $30 off the regular price. I called to find out if there was availability, and if the coupon would be honored even though I had called (it's "walk-ins" only). Yes on both counts. The surprise was a brand new facility, spotlessly clean, decorated like a chic, up-scale hotel, and easy to fine (once we realized we'd passed the turn-off and retraced our way -- note to management, please put up a sign if you can!).

The beds were even more comfortable than the usual HIE. Lots and lots of pillows. Refrigerator and microwave. Fast, free, easy to access wifi in the room. Really nice breakfast selections. And the staff was superb. Check-in was faster than anything I've ever experienced. We do a lot of driving between NYC and Rochester, and this will definitely be our new stopover when we need one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JSLinNYC
Dear JSLinNYC,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! I'm so glad to hear we exceeded your expectations. Our property is only about a year old so your word of mouth opinion is much appreciated. I'm glad you appreciated all the amenities in our rooms, and if you have time next time you come through Utica, remember to take advantage of our free DVD library, or our guest VIP specials at local restaurants like Delmonico's or Aqua Vino!
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed here on a Saturday night for personal reasons, a funeral service so we did not check in till 8 PM or so. The staff at the front desk could not have been friendlier. We asked for extra pillows late at night and they were there in 10 minutes or less! Quality of room for price was good. We also met our friends for breakfast in the dining room and that experience was good too.I would definetley return.

Room Tip: None at this time.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ken d
Dear Ken D,
I'm sorry you were not travelling for a happy reason, but thank you for taking the time to give us this great review. I'm glad to hear the staff was all friendly and attentive. If there's anything else we could've done to help make the stay even better, please let us know!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 4 February 2014

For my business purposes ,I stayed many times in this hotel,Staff is extremely friendly and professional.Rooms are elegantly decorated (if you compare most of the other same group hotel),Rooms are good size.Quite and very clean,Breakfast are wonderful and Mrs Karin doing her best for preparing our breakfasts.Great Jump start a day..She is very friendly and doing a great job,,Even I was very sick during my last stay she did her best offer me some lemon tea..Try to make me comfortable on my stay as like I m in home with my family..Cudos to hotel staff...I m looking forward to stay here again..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 872Clau
Dear 872Clau,
Thanks for being such a loyal guest! I've passed on your compliments to Karin and the rest of the staff. We're always happy to hear when our guests feel at home coming here. We're looking forward to having you stay with us again!
Utica, New York
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The staff make the most amazing breakfast in the whole world! I loved staying in this hotel and hope to come back soon! Also, Karin was a very polite, nice and outstanding Breakfast Attendant! She took time out of her job to ask us how we were, if we liked the food in a very nice manner. The breakfast was always being refilled so that customers were satisfied. This was a very neat part of this hotel. Most hotels just put out a certain amount and leave it as is. Not this place. What a fantastic hotel!!!!

• Stayed January 2014
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear BestStopper16,
Thanks so much for your great review! We have shared with our staff how well Karin took care of you in breakfast. We're always bragging about how good she does in there, and how great our signature cinnamon buns are. We also like to have our breakfast attendants bring out cookies in the afternoon, and we set up snacks in the evening as well, if you can make it in before 7:00pm!
Little Falls, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I just completed my 500 mile round-trip one night stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Utica, NY. I came into town for the sad occasion of attending a funeral ... on one of the coldest weekend's ever (-8F). I was greeted warmly by Ana at the front desk who was pleasant, professional and a much needed smiling face after the long snowy drive. She promptly checked me in, offering concierge-quality assistance (restaurant suggestions, etc.) and a free bottle of water. Very nice! My two queen bed standard non-smoking room was very clean, modern and comfortable (heat already on a perfect setting). There was ample seating, outlets to recharge tech products & even a mini fridge to keep snacks/drinks cold. Very nice! When I called the front desk the next morning Ana was there again and accommodated a one hour extension on my check-out. She also offered, explained and printed driving directions to the funeral home and gave me a free bottle of water for the road. Super nice! While my car was warming up (temp outside was a balmy +4F) Ana told me she was working toward hotel management and hoped to be in charge of her own hotel property soon. I would highly recommend her from the wonderful first impression she showed me but more importantly, it was obvious to see how much Ana "cared" about this hotel and offering outstanding service. Well done Holiday Inn Express... for having a top notch property and the good sense to have quality people as your ambassador. Thank you! -CD from New Jersey

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank PackedMyValise
Dear PackedMyValise,
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us such a detailed review! I'm so happy to hear Ana went above and beyond to take care of you while you were here, and was able to help you make the most of an unpleasant trip to Utica. We're always trying to make our guests feel at home, and looking for ways to make your stay special. I hope we'll be able to have you stay with us again under better circumstances.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed there one night en-route from Niagara to New England. Hotel is pretty new and well appointed. We were given a suite which was very good size and well appointed.

Breakfast was very good and had a better selection than normal for a Holiday Inn Express. Front desk were very helpful in suggesting somewhere to go for the evening in downtown Utica.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beefeater2013
Ana F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear BeeFeater2013, Thanks for the great review! I'm glad we were able to accomodate your needs. I will be sure to share your compliments with the rest of our staff. Maybe next time your in the area you can enjoy our indoor heated pool.