“Stop over on our trip”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Hamilton, Canada
“Stop over on our trip”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

as we were heading to NH we decided to stop in Utica for the night, we found the Holiday Express online and booked a room, we were very thrilled how fresh and clean the room was, we enjoyed a swim in the pool and a wonderful full breakfast....the only problem was the price was much lower as we found out in a coupon book so were a little disappointing that we had spent way too much money booking ahead, so we have learned to pick up the coupon book on our next adventure.

Room Tip: we found the rooms very quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blueeyeshavingfun
Ana F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Blueeyeshavingfun,
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review! I'm so very happy you were able to enjoy your stay with us. I'd also like to apologize for our rates being so high. Our rates are a bit more in the summer due to it being a busier time of the year. The coupons are for walk ins only, so you're not always gaurenteed a room when using the coupon. If there's anything at all that I can do for you please contact me directly.

My name is Ana and I'm the guest relations manager. You can contact me via email: AnaMFig9@yahoo.com or you can call the hotel directly: 315 724 2726. Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for two nights while in town for a wedding. We were upgraded to a king suite which was a really nice surprise after a long day traveling. The hotel was very nice and the staff was friendly and attentive. I would definitely recommend this hotel. We are platinum members and spend a fair amount of time in Holiday Inns....this was one of the best!

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Chrismzimm
Ana F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Chrismzimm,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to complete such a great review for us. I'm ecstatic that we were able to accommodate your needs during your stay. We always try our best to upgrade our platinum members when we have suites available. I'll be sure to share your compliments with our hotel staff. Maybe next time you're in the area you can enjoy our complimentary dvd rentals, located at the front desk. Again, thank you for your feedback!
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our travel plans did not include a stop here but we were tired. We found an advertisement and coupon in a travel brochure that you get in rest areas. To our surprise the hotel was easily accessible, new, and clean. The room was comfortable and quiet. It was a nice unexpected stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Nena D,
Thanks for the great review! I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. I'll be sure to share your compliments with our hotel staff. Maybe next time you're in the area you can enjoy our indoor pool.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was travelling with my 78 year old mother who has mobility issues. We had requested an accessible room. Though the bathroom was perfect and there was a lot of room for her to use her walker the bed was extremely high. Because of this she was unable to get in or out of bed unassisted. We asked for a step and the hotel was unable to find anything appropriate for us. How can a room be called accessible if the bed is not? Neither of us got much sleep.

When we returned home I emailed the company. Got a response from the General Manager who apologized, said no one had ever complained before and offered extra reward points or work on adjusting the cost. I replied back stating that the front desk staff did try to help us and the rest of the hotel experience was great. I also offered a few suggestions on how things could be made easier for elderly/handicapped individuals. I also said I didn't want point as we don't travel much but would love to have some part of our stay refunded.

No one responded. I emailed again 10 days later and got no response. I emailed again a week later and still got no response. I emailed Corporate last week and still waiting to hear from them.

My initial email was June 9. This lack of response is by far the worst part of our experience. Obviously we don't matter very much to management.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Meilyne
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Meilyn,
I'm sorry about your frustrating experience with us. I can understand why you would feel upset, but I would like the opportunity to speak to you about this matter if you could contact me directly. We did in fact go through with our promise to offer your refund, which was applied on July 17th, and I sent several emails trying to communicate that to you. Please contact me at your convenience,
Lee Arthur
Ph: 315-724-2726
Email: larthur@visions-hotels.com
Baiting Hollow, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Convenient to the thruway. The room was clean, in great shape, and still seemed new. The pool and breakfast were very good. Some mixed reviews on staff depending on the day of the week and day or night. Breakfast the second day had better service. The daytime front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. The evening/night desk staff was less pleasant. Stayed two nights on points but no recognition for rewards member or status.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear eastendLI,
Thanks for giving us your feedback. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your room, and out free breakfast, but I'm sorry to hear that things weren't totally consistent throughout your stay. We do expect our staff to be able I provide exceptional service regardless of the time of day. So if you'd like to share some more details of your stay with me, I would be happy to talk to you in more detail.
Lee Arthur
315-724-2726
Larthur@visions-hotels.com
Babylon, New York
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just taking a minute to say how much we enjoyed our stay at the Utica Holiday Inn Express. The staff went above and beyond to make our 3 night stay welcoming and relaxing. We were part of a group from the volunteer fire department from Babylon and could not be happier with your hotel and staff. In particular your Breakfast room attendant Edna was outstanding. She went out of her way to make sure the ladies in our group had an enjoyable experience. So polite, attentive and caring. Hope we get to stay with you again when we visit for a fire department convention or parade! Jobs well done everyone! :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Ana F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Debbie M.,
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review. I'm So very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Edna has been with us since we've opened and always knows how to make our guests feel right at home. I'll be sure to share your compliments with our staff. Again, thank you and we hope to see you next time you're in the area.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was a very lovely place to stay! It was a last minute booking and with a coupon from a rest area it was a fabulous deal! Very new, clean, modern, and friendly place to stay.
Karin, in the breakfast room, was very helpful and pleasant, and Ana at the front desk was wonderful too!
We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 92Lisa1964
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear 92Lisa1964,
I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay so much! We're lucky to have Karin overseeing our free hot breakfast, and I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to her and Ana. We're looking forward to seeing you next time, if you have time be sure to check with our front desk to see about the discounts our guests receive at some local restaurants and businesses!