“A must stop in every time I am in the Utica area”

Zeina's Cafe & Catering
Ranked #3 of 184 Restaurants in Utica
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: Lebanese
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Authentic Lebanese food, better than can be found anywhere else. A very friendly family owned business.

1  Thank Dick K

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My son and I stopped here for an evening meal, not knowing anything about the place. What a stroke of luck! Wonderful people, friendly and warm....and then the food comes out. This is the real deal---authentic, homemade Lebanese food, fresh and delicious. We had hummus and tabouli and kibbee. Everything was excellent, and when I'm back down that way I'll definitely go again.

2  Thank Carol K
Reviewed 30 June 2014

the best middle eastern food in the area. prepared fresh daily and served with charm and love.
worth the trip and you get to one of utica's historic areas.

1  Thank Pamela S
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I WILL be dining again at Zeina's!
My early childhood in Beirut predisposes me to Lebanese food. But everybody and his uncle knows about how healthful and tasty the Mediterranean diet is these days.
Plus, the Zeina family are delightfully welcoming -- and the food is well-priced. What's NOT to like?
We arrived the day after a huge storm took out power in Utica, so we were unable to use a credit card to pay for lunch.
No problem: we paid for a specialty platter apiece with the twenty-some dollars we mustered from our pockets. I had the falafel platter with tahini sauce, rice, and yummy fattoush salad full of greens grown by Al Zeina himself (we overheard a conversation he had with a client who was complaining that she couldn't grow greens like his in her own garden, and he was rather amusingly trying to straighten her out by teaching about the importance of compost).
My husband had the fried kibbeh with leban. Both platters were outstanding -- savory, light, and delicious.
Al also insisted on giving us free coffees with our meal.
I truly cannot wait to go back with a credit card and lash out on the mezze (the stuffed grape leaves looked fantastic), mixed grill of shish taouk and kafta, and baklava dessert.
Know that Zeina's is open Wednesday 10 AM to 4 PM and Thursday through Saturday 10 AM to 8 PM. They cater and host private parties Monday and Tuesday --and rest on Sunday.

1  Thank sylvandiva
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Mrs. Zeina is an awesome cook. The food is always amazing. I go at least once a week, even if I just get takeout. I love the chicken gyro, the grapeleaves, the hummus, tabbouli, babaganoush, mjedra,kibbi, yogurt, and salad. She gets the freshest lettuce ever. The prices are very reasonable and they are very nice. It's at the bottom of Varick st and only open for dinner Thurs through Saturday. Lunch is more frequent.

1  Thank mrs b