“Very nice, clean, comfortable”

Best Western Gateway Adirondack Inn
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Very nice room, tho small. Very clean and beds extremely comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. A definite return if in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
barron1664, General Manager at Best Western Gateway Adirondack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2011

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review of our property. We appreciate your business and I hope the next time you are in the area we see you again. I will definately pass this on to our housekeeping staff. Thank you very much again for staying with us.

Reviewed 16 June 2011

Stayed in separate non smoking building. Glass doors very dirty, as was trash can by them. Room appeared OK, until you touched a light switch or temp control. All very sticky & dirty, so I used Handi Wipes on them. Grundge! Dirty carpet, too, They were badly in need of a make over. Awful breakfast. Waffles too hard to chew. Don't know how they made them that way? Frozen eggs & muffins you could microwave, but didn't see anyone daring enough to try them. Not very appetizing to look at. Ran out of orange juice and never brought more. So had a couple packaged sweet rolls & tomato juice.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
barron1664, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gateway Adirondack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2011

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at our property. We apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay with us. We are continuously making upgrades throughout our property to modernize the hotel. We address all housekeeping issues with the executive housekeeper and I can assure you that these issues will be addressed. Our muffins and waffles are all made the morning of breakfast they are never frozen. We would appreciate hearing any suggestions you may have to help us improve out breakfast selections. Again, I apologize for not meeting your expectations and we hope that you will give us another try when you come into town again.

Reviewed 7 June 2011

We had planned to drive through to Boston (or failing that, Albany) but sheer exhaustion hit me when driving through Utica. After a terrible experience at Super 8 Niagra Falls the night before I was hoping for "a step up".

Very friendly girl on check-in - we didn't have a reservation and as it was quite late at night she gave us a discount on the room. Compared to Super 8, this room was a palace and ended up being cheaper than the Super 8 hovel. Quiet, clean, the bed was comfortable and the room fully equipped and spacious.

Plenty of parking, the breakfast was above average (not wonderful, but definitely acceptable), good-sized dining area, friendly staff throughout.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
barron1664, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gateway Adirondack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2011

Thank you so much for your review on your recent stay at our property. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your liking at the property. We would love to hear your opinions about any new ideas for our breakfast buffet if you get a chance. We take pride in our property and we continue to make updates throughout our property. We hope to see you on your next visit to Utica!

Reviewed 17 April 2011

I stayed at this hotel when returning from a business trip. I was looking for a place to crash to break up a night time drive from Rhode Island home to Buffalo, NY. The hotel was located right off the NYS Thruway, so it was convenient for this purpose. The room was very clean and comfortable, and included a small fridge. A major disappointment was the free in-room wireless internet: the signals were weak, and when I finally did connect it was so slow I couldn't even bring up a web page. As I was only staying the night and did not need the internet for anything other than to read the evening news, I did not report the problem and just gave up. Breakfast was included in the price. The breakfast room was very inviting, but the food selection was fairly minimal. So for my purposes, it met my basic needs regarding convenience of location and room cleanliness. So overall, fine for the night, but I probably would not recommend for a longer stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
barron1664, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gateway Adirondack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2011

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at our property. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay for the night. We apologize that the Wireless Internet was not working well for you. We would love to hear any suggestions that you may have in regards to the breakfast, we are always taking new suggestions to offer different items. We hope to see you on your next visit to Utica!

Reviewed 7 April 2011

Stayed more than once and staff is friendly, attentive, quick to respond to any request and goes out of their way to make us feel like we really are important to them and that they enjoy having us as their guests. The staff has been together for a substantial time so it is easy to get to know them and they us and our expectations.

Room Tip: Tell John Ron sent you
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
barron1664, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gateway Adirondack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2011

We are so thankful that you continue to choose us here at the Best Western when you make your trip to Utica. The staff here at the Best Western look forward to your visits up here and know that we are in for some nice laughs and talks when you stay with us! We would like to thank you for all of the kind words that you have said about us here at the property. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip up here!

Reviewed 1 April 2011

I arrived at the hotel and was greeted by the front desk clerk. Very welcoming and friendly. Our room keys were given to us and we were sent to the two story building on the ground floor. We were pleasently surprised with the room accomodations. The King bed was comfortable and the room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was very good for being a continental breakfast, muffins, cereal, sausage, egg paties, oatmeal, coffee, orange juice, cranberry juice, tomato juice etc. We asked the desk clerk for directions to the local mall and she quickly explained that it was a little difficult to get to if you are not familiar with the area, and printed us out mapquest directions which made it very easy to get to. The hotel is right next door to an excellent restaurant that was recommended to us by the front desk. Check out was simple and quick. Each staff member we were in contact with was warm, friendly, and welcoming. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
barron1664, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gateway Adirondack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2011

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We appreciate you staying here with us. I will ensure that my staff sees your comments. Again, thank you for taking the time to write about us. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 1 November 2010

I was only here for one night, but it was a good choice. Price was reasonable, nice staff. The comp breakfast wasn't too bad either. It was just enough to get a quick bite before my drive back home. The room was clean and beds were comfy. I would stay here again on a short stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
barron1664, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gateway Adirondack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2011

Thank you for your review and kind comments. Our goal everyday is to provide the best value for all our guests by providing a convenient location, friendly staff, comfortable accommodations and I am pleased we were able to achieve that. I will be sure to share your experience with our team members. Hope to see you again soon.
Front Office Manager