“Comfortable, Clean, Quiet”

Best Western Gateway Adirondack Inn
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel needs some updating but generally I found it just like my title says and the breakfast was also decent. I booked through Priceline and paid about a third of what the Hampton and Holiday Inn Express wanted so I was happy happy happy!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Chat P, General Manager at Best Western Gateway Adirondack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for a wonderful review and I am also very happy to hear you got a great value by staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Gateway Adirondack Inn

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This motel is a hidden gem. It is located behind a retro McDonald's ( yes golden arches). I was pleasantly surprised that the motel was very clean, modern, and quite, all so near downtown Utica NY. It is very close to the NYS Thruway. The staff at check in was friendly, helpful, and cheerful. Breakfast was standard breakfast fare. I will stay there again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for a wonderful review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel was well situated and easy to find. Several restaurant options in the surrounding area within walking distance. Nice breakfast selection with plenty of food continuously being replenished. Fast internet service in the room without interruption.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for a wonderful review. I am glad to hear our location was convenient for you.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Best Westerns are a nice basic hotel. Not many frills but if you are traveling on a budget they are a good bargain because they include a free breakfast and wifi. This hotel was one of the more shabby Best Westerns. They apparently bought the inn next door and use that for the "non-smoking" section of the hotel. I don't smoke but am not particularly picky about if I smell it or not. However when we entered this non-smoking building we were blasted with the smell of cigarette smoke. It was pretty awful. It didn't smell in the room but the hallway was really bad. I mentioned it to the front desk upon checkout and they told me that it comes into the hallways when people smoke outside the building. Just a heads up for travelers who may be more effected by smoke in the air. Also breakfast ended at 9 even though the guest directory in the room said 10. We had to scramble to get something to eat as they were putting things away. Not the greatest experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank b317
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Typical highway travel hotel. The cluster of hotels in Utica off of the Thruway are not a great value. The room was supposed to be non-smoking and reeked of smoke. The area wasn't patrolled by security and seemed a bit shady. The breakfast buffet is in a very narrow corridor that makes it hard to maneuver around people and get out quickly. I stay in this area once or twice a year when bringing my kid up to camp and then when I go to pick her up. The prices, for what you get, are outrageous.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked through TripAdvisor and possibly entered the wrong date. I had several pages open. After entering and paying for the room. I found out it was the wrong date. No one could help me. The clerk at the motel nor the 800-number. I am out over $100 and not even given anything back. Be very careful booking. Watch out for 3rd party hassles. Remember there is not one to talk to through Trip Advisor.

Room Tip: No one helped me via 800 numbers or actual location. Sad way to do business.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irenita G
Chat P, General Manager at Best Western Gateway Adirondack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

I am very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the third party reservation system. When you book on any third party sites like the ones on TripAdvisor, you pay to these sites directly so we do not bill you for any nights. All of the billing is handled by the site you use. If you contact the hotel to make a reservation we would be able to refund your money, but you paid to a third party site so you must call and ask them for a refund.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The building was slightly dated but there have been improvements. The room was clean and comfortable. Would have liked a fridge for our beer we purchased from the FX Matt brewery! We stayed for 3 nights during the Boilermaker 15K race weekend. Convenient to restaurants and a short drive to town. The breakfast was good, well stocked. So glad it opened early on race morning for the runners! Liked we could park right outside our room. Would definitely visit again if in the Utica area......very reasonably priced!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank crazy4running

Thank you for an amazing review. I am very happy to hear you had a good stay with us during the boilermaker weekend. We look forward to your next stay with us.