“Clean, Great Service, Will Stay Here Again”

Best Western Gateway Adirondack Inn
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed 1 November 2010

I was only here for one night, but it was a good choice. Price was reasonable, nice staff. The comp breakfast wasn't too bad either. It was just enough to get a quick bite before my drive back home. The room was clean and beds were comfy. I would stay here again on a short stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
barron1664, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gateway Adirondack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2011

Thank you for your review and kind comments. Our goal everyday is to provide the best value for all our guests by providing a convenient location, friendly staff, comfortable accommodations and I am pleased we were able to achieve that. I will be sure to share your experience with our team members. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2010

My family and I have stayed here several times while visiting relatives. I have always found it to be clean and comfortable; however I do understand the comments about needing updating. I have stayed in both buildings and find the rooms in the main building do need a bit of updating. I've stayed in the annex building about four times and all the rooms we had were nice, especially the king suite. The staff is always pleasant and helpful. We've stayed there so often they know my mom by name and always ask when she is coming up again. I've read some scary reviews of the other hotels in the area (and believe me some look scary too!) but I can say I've never had a bad experience at the Utica BW.

Reviewed 1 September 2010

Right in between an Wendy's and a McDonald. Across the street from a Denny's. Good location but it was in need of some updating. The carpeting was filthy in the halls and on the stairs. The ice machine on my floor was not working. The room was a bit dark and dingy. I did not want to walk on the carpeting in my socks. Old bathroom. It was OK for one night but I would not stay here again. I paid $107 so I guess you get what youu pay for. There was a very new looking Hampton Inn across the street. I am sure I would have felt more comfortable there.

Reviewed 9 August 2010

This hotel is okay for the night if you are just passing through like I was. The rooms are very dated and the bathroom is very small. The hotel was completley booked though. Someone was trying to get a room when we were checking in and they said that several other hotels in town where booked also.

Reviewed 24 April 2010

I stayed there just one night. It is located in a very convenient area, just off the highway and close to many restaurants. The hotel decorations are dated but the rooms are comfortable and clean. We were in the 2-story building and found it to be very quiet. The free breakfast is not as generous as I've seen elsewhere but it's perfect if you're content with cereal, danishes, coffee, and the like. I would stay again and know a friend who's stayed there several times (..and plans to return).

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 April 2010

Extended family had three rooms for a night. Rooms were comfortable, clean, and looked to have been recently renovated. Bathroom tile looked to be older and original, but everything was clean. Continental breakfast was better than many, not as extensive as some, but was kept well stocked: 3 cereals, instant oatmeal, English muffins, bran muffins, waffles, hard-boiled eggs, canned peaches. The only complaint any of us had was that the remote for the TV didn't work in 2 rooms, but we weren't in the rooms long enough to even bother calling the desk.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Room felt old and rather worn. Had to ask for more toilet paper. Good enough for an overnight stay, but I wouldn't make this my first choice.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family