“great accomodations and great service”
Review of Hampton Inn Utica

Hampton Inn Utica
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Lake Grove, United States
“great accomodations and great service”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The room was clean and comfortable - the staff was very friendly and helpful - evening snack and bevarage was a great way to relax after a long drive. the lobby, with the glowing fire in the fireplace, was welcoming and cozy.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Schenectady, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Very friendly, helpful staff quick check in and check out. The hotel has nice amenities, happy hour appetizers and dessert, good hot breakfast too. Restaraunts nearby. The room was very comfortable, clean, and relaxing. I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The best part of this hotel is the personnel, who go out of their way to help. Most impressive was the young lady who registered us. She was personable and helpful. We enjoyed chatting with her. In addition, the pool is very nice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Gaithersburg, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn in downtown Utica twice and have found the hotel to be very accessible, clean, and friendly. I did not experience any problems either time that I stayed there. I have used both their fitness room and the pool. Both were clean and had good hours of operation. The breakfast was average for this type of hotel though I thought that a greater variety of food could be provided, especially fruit.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My family and I have stayed at several Hampton Inns throughout NY and VT and found this particular Hampton in Utica to be far below the standard we have come to enjoy from other Hamptons. We were given a room on the first floor which had an overpowering smell of cheap, disgusting air or carpet "freshener." It smelled like the room was currently or had previously been a smoking room, yet we always request non-smoking rooms. We asked to move rooms and were put on the 3rd floor, but the room smelled equally as bad. I went to bed without dinner because the smell was so strong I lost my appetite. We all suffered the night with burning eyes and noses.

The room was relatively clean but missing amenities - no bath soap or shower gel to be found, no vanity kit, a hand towel with brown stains, sheets and pillow cases with spots, the telephone by the bed didn't work.

Moreover, the young gentleman at the front desk was intrusive when we checked in; yammering endlessly about taxes in New York and how he preferred the "rights" in the state from which we recently moved. I expect staff in any hotel to be friendly and generically inquisitive, but I find it deeply unwelcoming to irately badger a guest about politics and taxes. Staff should be trained to treat everyone as if they've just walked in after the crappiest day and need a smiling face to welcome them to their refuge for the night. When we asked to change rooms, he begrudgingly obliged (and thankfully, dropped the tax rant).

Unfortunately, we got a terrible first impression of Utica (made even worse by the catastrophically incompetent Denny's next door) and will never stay at this Hampton again. By contrast, the Hampton in Syracuse (2 days later) was fabulous despite being a much older Hampton, and the staff were friendly, welcoming, professional, and exceedingly helpful. Hampton Utica has a lot to learn!

Room Tip: If you want a good room, stay somewhere else!
1 Thank Sarah R
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We haven't gone wrong with Hampton Inns. Always welcoming, rooms smell fresh and are clean...I always check before I open a suitcase!
Stayed here for one night on the way to Niagara Falls and it didn't disappoint.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Webster, New York
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My stay at the Utica NY Hotel on Genesee St., has been a very delightful experience. I would like to particularly inform you of two staff members Emily and EJ they were very helpful since I was unable to receive your conformation information (a server issue with Hampton I am sure). They manually scanned and emailed it to me. Beyond their efforts, I have seen them interact with other customers treating them with courtesy and professionalism that I am sure your Management would be proud of. I travel extensively for my job and pleasure; I must say the staff at this Hotel ranks at the very top. Congratulations to the management for obviously providing a good example and atmosphere.
Sincerely
Doug Sengillo
585-355-5524

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica
Hotel Utica
Hotel Utica
#8 of 13 in Utica
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford

Been to Hampton Inn Utica? Share your experiences!