“A great value”

Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Room was updated and clean. Mini refrigerator in the room. Didn't really like the Sleep Number bed as we couldn't find the right number. Recommend this hotel when you are in the area. Free buffet breakfast - nice selection and great service.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 17 August 2011

Thank you for talking the time to write your review and share your experience. Your comments are most appreciated and I hope we will see you here at the hotel again soon.

Mark

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre

Reviewed 10 August 2011

We hosted our daughter's wedding reception at the Radisson in Utica, NY. From start to finish this hotel was the best. The staff immediately took care of our every need (and there were many!). The food was amaizing and the waite staff excellent. There were about 30 rooms booked for our event, and everyone commented on how great it all was. Thanks for making our special day absolutely perfect!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol5711
Management response:Responded 17 August 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your experience at the hotel. I appreciate the feedback and thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure to be part of the special day and I will pass along your kind words to our staff. I hope that we will recommend the Radisson to all your friends and if you ever need anything please call
Regards

Reviewed 9 August 2011

My husband and I had our wedding reception here in April of 2009 and my mother-in-law decided to have my baby shower here, which was held in the Adirondack room. My husband and I, as well as another couple stayed for 1 night, after the shower. The hotel staff was wonderful for both! The server for my shower was very attentive, and made a point to ask the names of all the adults and children at the head table, and addressed us by them throughout (I wish I'd remembered her's). The front desk allowed us, and our friends (we both have newborns) to have an early check-in, and adjacent rooms. All-in-all, a perfect event, and stay! The hotel will always be our first choice when needing to stay in the Utica area

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 17 August 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your experiences at the Radisson. Your feedback is very important to us and I am very happy that you had such a great time at the baby shower and that you and your family were happy with everything. I hope that we will have the pleasure to serve you again in the future,

Reviewed 1 August 2011

A utilitarian, busy, somewhat worn Radisson in downtown Utica. Geared for business travelers during the week, they seem to cater to weddings and parties on the weekends. We stayed 3 nights, with a very good value pre-pay rate. We were in town for a music festival and most of the musicians seemed to be staying there as well, which was fun!

What we liked: Sleep number beds, feather pillows, comfy chair and ottoman in the room, mini-fridge, large absorbent towels, lovely indoor pool and whirlpool at perfect temperatures and not overly chlorinated, free parking in city parking garage right next door, nice lobby business center with comfortable desks and fast computers and free printing. The front desk approved our late check out request with no hassle. The hairdryer in the room did not work, and the maintenance engineer cheerfully got us a new one in less than 5 minutes.

What we didn't like: Stained, worn carpeting everywhere we went, stained desk chair in our room, our room with two double beds was pretty cramped, extremely small bathroom, very noisy in the halls to the point of waking us several times on Saturday night. The elevators require a room key to access guest room floors - that's a nice safety feature except the room key reader in one of the two elevators was not working intermittently throughout our stay and that was a real hassle. The front desk reported the problem several times in my hearing, but it was not successfully fixed during our stay. The fitness center was closed for a maintenance issue. Breakfast is included in room cost Mon-Fri, but not on Sat and Sun - boo!

Overall, would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 17 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at the hotel. I appreciate your feedback and we will use your comments to fine tune our operation for future guests. I hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again should your travels return you to the Utica area
Mark

Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed at this location for three nights, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Given it's a convention hotel we expected a great deal of professionalism. Thursday and Friday, nice, quiet place with an excellent breakfast buffet. Saturday night, though - it's Party Time in the hallways. Our family needed to get sleep that night because we had to be up and gone early. But for three full hours a wedding party yelled, screamed, yelled "Jiiiimmmmeeee" a half dozen times, was told her brother loved her because he brought playing cards, and all sorts of other non-sense - as loud as loud could be. A call to the front desk did no good. My entire family got three hours of sleep. The next morning I told the front desk person expecting at the very least some minor help on the bill. Instead we barely got a response, a sort of "that's too bad". I emailed the hotel (the email address on the Radisson website page for this hotel) and heard nothing.

I'm usually pretty tolerant of these things because I know a little noise in the hall will happen and it's not usually going to last long. But three hours, and no help from the hotel, and definitely no one who seemed to give a rip, that's not something I'm going to tolerate. For a hotel chain that's worked hard in our area to generate a stellar reputation, this sure isn't what we expected.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

A very nice hotel. Great staff that was extremely responsive, Nice size roon. The restaurant was also very good. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2011

From the outside, the hotel appears so-so but once indoors this hotel is sure to please. Stayed here for a local wedding. Rooms are spacious, clean and have comfortable beds. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Food was okay. Only major complaint was the smell of cigarette smoke on the main floor was overwhelming due to people smoking just outside of any door. Otherwise, great hotel!

• Stayed: May 2011
Management response:Responded 26 July 2011

Dear A2Trvlr,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay at my hotel. I appreciate your comments and I am very sorry about the smell of smoke. The hotel is 100% non smoking but people do insist on smoking right outside the entrance.

Thanks again and I hope we see you back again soon

Sincerely