Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre
US$149
US$79
US$112
US$145
Red Roof Inn Utica(Utica)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$72
US$66
US$86
  • Room Service
All reviewsparking garageencore loungebreakfast buffetcomfortable staynice place to stayfront desk staffbusiness tripbeds were comfortableking bedvery clean hotelnice roomnew yorklizastanleycooperstownmark
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I've stayed at my share of hotels over the years and this one is on the top of my favorite list. I've stayed here twice in the last month and I have nothing bad to say about it. The rooms are clean and comfortable and, as long as you play with the sleep number bed to find your correct setting, the beds are some of the best you'll sleep on. The pool is large, nicely maintained and well designed. The complimentary breakfast, which included eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast pizza, waffles, french toast and a large variety of breads/bagels, fruits and cereals will ensure that I will never stay at another hotel in the Utica area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Positives:
- Spacious Room
- Security Elevators
- Initially impressed with room cosmetically
- Room Service Polite and Quick
- Sleep Number Bed was Awesome
- Nice TV and Wireless Internet
- Staff very nice and quick to help
- Digital thermostat - A+

Negatives:
- Questionable area for the parking
- Fridge smelled of alcohol or maybe a very strong cleaner
- One of the reading lights over the bed did not work
- iPod player did not work
- In-room menu was clearly reused too many times
- Parking far from room and done by a third party garage (unexpected charge)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Fotog303
DavidCocomazzi, General Manager at Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It positive and constructive comments such as yours that allow us to improve! Our staff as you experienced is well versed in responding to guest needs.
I do apologize about the iPod radio and strong cleaner smell as well as the less than perfect lighting and guestroom literature. I will bring this to the team at our weekly meeting tomorrow to improve upon basic details of ensuring a room is perfect before guest arrive.
Our hotel is working very closely with city of Utica to improve the sense of arrival in the city owned garage. Your comments came a perfect time.
Once again I appreciate your time and well thought comments. I wish you well in your travels
Best regards,

David Cocomazzi. General Manager

Reviewed 6 July 2012

I wish I hadn't had to say that. This is an older hotel that once was a really nice one and is now just okay. So for the money, if you're willing to stay in another nearby city, you can do better. The breakfast may be the best part. It was included in our package and is worth it to do that. Real scrambles in a full buffet with plenty of choice and nice waitstaff. Beds were nice. The room is small, carpet is old, baths are not as modern as they could be. Having to use a key card in the elevator made me feel oddly safe and unsafe. I really liked the woodwork in the halls. Confusing directions from the desk staff about parking in the ramp.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Chckzkz
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Have stayed here many times over the years to visit family. As of May 2012, we again rented 3 rooms for 6 people. The room wall paper, carpets, bed linens and bathrooms have not been upgraded or changed in years. This hotel shows it and smells like it. People are nice, Sunday buffet is terrific. That's about all you can say about this unremarkable hotel in an unremarkable city.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank beentheredonethat97
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Over all stay was ok. Hotel had a some what tired look, not bad but not new or fresh looking.
Our room keep getting colder and colder as the night went on not sure if it was becasue there was a heat wave (July 2011) during the day and it was having a hard time keeping up or what. We had to keep turning it off and on for some control. Bathroom was not as clean as I would like to see when we arrived, hair all over the place. Very long black hair.

Just be aware there is a parking fee nightly for you car. Also tax on the parking fee. This was a shock to us since we were not aware we would be charged for parking. The parking garage is attached next to hotel. We never saw one person at the garage. People had all types of notes and papers along with payments on the window of the booth at the entrance. We didn't know what the parking fee was for since it was not security.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family