“Excellent Pool Area!”

Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We were pleasantly surprised to see the large indoor pool, hot tub and game area. The pool was as warm as the hot tub! My son and wife loved the pool and I relaxed in the hot tub. We played a few games of ping pong as well. As far as the hotel goes, it is a decent place in downtown Utica but there aren't a lot of quality restaurants around. Staff was attentive and the cookies at check in were nice. Free bottled water in the room added a touch of class. Would stay here again without a doubt!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Dwayne S, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you so much for your review!

We appreciate the kind words... and I agree- the cookies are delicious!

Hope to see you again, should you be in the area!

Take care!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I arrived very late visiting family in Ilion. When I checked in I didn't understand that the woman at the front desk asked me for my credit card information when I gave all that info prior. I found that to be an inconvenience because I had my family with me and we were so sleepy especially my pregnant wife. In the morning I didn't like that they didn't have a room service menu for breakfast only brunch,lunch and dinner. Went down to the buffet and the food didn't seem that fresh but we were starving. Later on went to the pool very clean and right before check out couldn't keep anything down. I was soo sick from the buffet and so was the rest of my family. I called front desk and told them I need to stay a little later because my family and I are sick from that buffet. The woman front desk was nice gave us late check out until 6pm and brought up a whole pitcher of ginger ale for me. As the day went on I felt a lil better but still wasn't able to eat and had to drive 4 hours back to NYC . At check out I had to pay the 7 dollar parking which is crazy. The worst part I checked my account and realized I was charged more for the room than told. I didn't even call to find out why I'm just so over the stay there.

• Stayed: April 2014
Dwayne S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Good Morning,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I do apologize for the concerns that you have regarding your stay and I would love the opportunity to speak with you further at your convenience.

I hope that upon your next trip to the area, we would be given the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Thank again and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We booked a room with a king sized bed. It was confirmed on Expedia. When we went to the room, it was very small and had two beds. They were the most uncomfortable mattresses we've ever slept on. The sleep number gadget was a joke. The room overlooked the dumpster. We had to pay extra for parking. Very bad experience. However, the restaurant had very good, well prepared food. Would not stay there again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Assaad H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to fill out this survey regarding your recent stay with us, despite the issues you described. We always strive to be the best property we can be and any feedback is appreciated.

I hope that you would give us another chance in the future, to show what a wonderful service we can provide. If you would like to speak any further, please contact me at 315-797-8010 and I would be happy to talk.

Thank you again and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Kathryn Arcuri
FOM

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This would have been a three-four star review, if not for our terrible experience with a staff member just prior to checking out.

Our friends and I came here for a weekend getaway that was in between where we both live.

Pros:
-Cost: fairly cheap room for a decent king-sized bed and space
-Indoor pool
-Room service
-In-hotel restaurant and bar
-Close parking
-Within a mile of Saranac Brewery
-Cozy beds!

Cons:
-Parking is $7/night
-The pool was filled with kids birthday parties. They overtook the space, and the parents weren't great about keeping their kids in check and respecting older guests' space

Now, we were having a fine time, right up until about 3 pm on Sunday. Saturday night we had requested a late check out, and were given a 4 pm check out time. We were told they weren't sold out for Sunday night and it wouldn't be a problem. The availability of a 6pm check out time is also right in the little guide book in each room, but 4 worked for us.

At about 315, a member of the housekeeping staff (I think she was the supervisor) knocked on our door and asked when we were leaving. I tried to be patient, as she explained she had been told we were checking out at 3 and she needed the space. But the communications problems with the front desk is not my issue. I even told her we would start packing up and heading out, ASAP (not even saying I would wait until 4) and she muttered some stuff under her breathe and stormed away. She then did the same to our friends in their room. Upon checking out, we complained to the manager on duty, and SHE WALKED OUT YELLING AND DEFENDING HERSELF.

Get your staff in check Radisson. What a terrible staff member, poor customer service, and rude way to handle things. The manager could barely get the woman to stop and get her to step away. The free parking taken off our bills really didn't make me feel any better.

I will not be staying here again, and will think twice before booking Radissons elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Assaad H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience and trouble caused during your stay at our property. This is very uncharacteristic of our staff and I will see to it that all staff involved understand how our guest walked away feeling about their stay.

I am available to speak personally over the phone at your convenience to discuss the situation further.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and let us know how we are doing.

Kathryn Arcuri
FOM
315-797-8010

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Nice hotel- stayed here for a squirt hockey tournament and the staff couldn't have been more accomodating. The hotel has a great pool and a nice restaurant/bar set up which was great since there really isn't much to do in Utica in February.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed here for the weekend to visit family. Utica is not the nicest city in the world ... actually Utica is a depressing, desolate, ghost town - but the Radisson was great. Comfortable bed, great environment, good breakfast buffet & bar. Saturday night, we ordered breakfast to be delivered to our room for Sunday morning. We didn't realize they only do this Monday through Friday when we did it, but they still accommodated. The only negative thing I can say is the walls are somewhat thin. We could hear our neighbors through the wall - not a big deal though. I visit my family in Utica several times a year and I will be staying at the Radisson every time we visit. If you ever have the displeasure of staying in Utica, do yourself a favor and stay at the Radisson. It was fantastic - whenever we weren't busy with family we were here. I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Victoria P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

I truly appreciate your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Utica Centre. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff and we look forward to seeing you again upon your next visit.