“Great Place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Utica, New York
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

Great place to stay at! Everyone are very helpful and they all try to assist the guest in positive ways. The rooms arevery nice, the beds are so very comfy and the tv channels are great also! The best thing is pets are allowed at NO extra charge! The location is perfect! Denny's, Taco Bell and Duncan Doughnuts across the street, shopping center little ways down the street!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

Little confusing to get there thanks to the google maps directions... saw the motels on the one side so figured my way back and found the red roof inn. Got a deal, one night just under $50... arrived at 530AM and they gave us late checkout without asking. I like it. The room wasn't anything special, but it was clean, had a microwave, fridge and tv. The washroom was tiny but hey, for what I paid, it was fine. We could hear everyone leaving in the morning which is not great for a person getting only a few hours sleep before doing another stint of driving, otherwise no complaints. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RM12
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012

For a quick overnight and easy access on/off I-90, you can't beat the Red Roof Inn in Utica. Sixty bucks a night, quiet clean, and comfortable bed. Cons: the bathroom was small (OK really a large closet) and the heating system was difficult to figure out (but hey it was warm). And right up Genesee Street are any number of restaurants to fit your taste and style (we chose Ancora in downtown Utica, just three minutes away).

Room Tip: All the rooms are set well back form the highway so there really isn't any need to choose a spec...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paris-Cemeteries
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

My family was on the way to Amherst Massachusetts from Ontario for a college scholarship meeting for our 2 sons. We left Ontario and it was very late so we pulled off the highways in Utica New York about 230am to get a hotel for the night. WE came to the Red Roof Inn. it was very clean and staff very friendly. They also had WIFi so we could use our mobile devices in the room WE left early the next morning to Massachusetts. Once back in Canada i discovered that I was missing my ipod but just assumed that one of my 2 sons had it with him as they had been using it on the way down. Imagine by suroise and delight when I opened my email at home and had a message from Beth at the Red Roof Inn saying that I had left my ipod in the room. She would have had to get my email address from my ipod and spendnd the time to do that. Beth then went to the post office and sent me my ipod back safe and sound! It was a great Xmas present and truly restored my faith in the honesty of people. So many times hotels and their staff get a bad rap but the management at the Red Roof Inn Utica New York run a great hotel with great people. We chose this hotel by chance but next time we wil definitely choose it by CHOICE. WEll done!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Angela S
Albany, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

I just spent a week at this motel for business and couldn't have asked for anything better. The room was large, clean, had a frig, micro wave and safe. The desk area was extremely convenient with a very comfortable desk chair plus an soft easy chair. The staff was wonderful, especially Bianca who packaged up and sent an item for me that I had left behind and even called to tell me it was on it's way. I would highly recommend this hotel at ANY price.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the inner court away from the thruway.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Nokesville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

Very clean, well maintained. There was an extra charge for room with refrigerator which did not show on website but price was still good and there was no extra fee for pets. Nice that it is off the road a bit (long driveway) - still very convenient to restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Saint Albans, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

My friend and I bring our daughters to visit their sister at Utica College and then off to SU for a basketball game. The Red Roof gives us a great place to lay our heads while letting the kids have time together. No frills but great price and easy access to the Thruway and all we need.

• Stayed November 2012