“Great for an overnight stay”
Review of Red Roof Inn Utica

Red Roof Inn Utica
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Reading, England, United Kingdom
“Great for an overnight stay”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The motel was not that easy to spot as you drove along the road, better sinage would help travellers. The motel was very good, very friendly and helpful staff. The room was clean with tea/coffee making machine and a very large comfortable bed. It was close to several different eating eatablishments. Good value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Justin S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Utica, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you David for the warm review of our property. I am currently working on our signage to help our road wary guests find us a little easier. Our dedicated staff work hard to ensure everyone has an enjoyable and comfortable stay. We look forward to having you come stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
London, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Near all kinds of restaurants & services, this Red Roof Inn could use a bit of a facelift, but overall it was a good bed, good linens, lots of room, good WI-FI & a good price for 2 people - 2 beds. Best rates can be negotiated with a REDIcard, which I have. Staff was efficient, rooms were clean but attention to detail was lacking, as I found a damp, used bathtowel hanging behind the bathroom door when I first came in. I got a replacement when I asked at the front desk. I would go there again on my travels.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for your open review. I have addressed the issues you have mentioned and am improving our hotel with the help of my team in order for everyone to have a delightful experience here at Red Roof Inn. We are, in fact, perfectly located off the I-90 and are within minutes to the Sangertown Mall, downtown Utica business district, and several of the colleges in the area. We look forward to your future stay with us.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Room was perfect for us and our dog! Much prefer hardwood floors rather than carpet. Nice clean rooms, well appointed. Comfortable beds. Very convenient from Interstate. Office staff were very friendly. Overall excellent value. No additional fee for pet.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the side away from I-90
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you Barrie, for your positive review about us. I'm pleased that you found cleanliness and comfort, not only for you, but for your dog, as well! We, at Red Roof Inn are pet lovers and know how hard it is to find a pet friendly hotel when traveling. Therefore, we extend that love to our guest's pets at no additional cost. I hope we will see you all again.
Oxford, Maryland
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Just off the highway but with a large green area and no noise. Perfect for pet owners. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms have all been remodeled...at least the ones I have stayed in. We have stayed several times here and love the close by restaurants, clean rooms, and how the hotel is sort of tucked away from the main road. Utica also has some hidden gems for food so that makes it even better.

Room Tip: Try the Delmonico Steak house:-) Roadside pickup also there.....nice!
Gordonville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed at this facility for a long weekend visiting family. The room was clean, did not have any foul odors, and was quiet (even with I-90 right outside the door!) The price was reasonable, and the only staff interactions I had were pleasant. Bed was comfortable, a/c worked fine, TV had adequate channel selection, and lighting was very good. The only complaints I have were that our washcloths were not replaced daily (I left them in the tub, and they didn't move, which also means the tub wasn't cleaned.) there was no shampoo provided in the room, and when I used the in-room coffee maker on the first morning, it was not replaced the entire weekend, so I had to visit the McDonald's right down the street to get coffee the next two mornings.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Utica, New York
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The room was clean and basic, but the service we received from Melanie was anything but! She worked so hard for us and our family's unique room requests. Thanks Melanie, you impressed us. Otherwise, an uneventful night, which is what I expect from a motel. I will say that the beds are extremely small; larger than a queen is not quite accurate, but again, just ask for Melanie to make the room right.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Justin S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Utica, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience regarding your stay. I'm glad Melanie was able to ensure that your stay was both comfortable and accommodating. Melanie is an asset to our team, where good customer service is our priority. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Jamestown, New York
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have had horrible accommodations at other Red Roof Inns, but not this one. The rooms are not luxurious, by any stretch of the imagination, but are neat and clean. Access is good off of I-90, though getting out of the parking lot in the morning was challenging. The motel was packed, vouching for its value.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business