“Nice place!”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Utica
North Dakota, United States
“Nice place!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The room was clean. Very affordable and pet friendly. We were looking for a place that had semi truck parking and a comfy bed, because we were exhausted. Good value. Rooms had been remodeled. There was no carpeting in our room, but we did have a pet. It seemed to be a common place for construction workers and other trades to stay while working. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 July 2014

These guys are incredibly professional, helpful and friendly. Kristen is awesome. She really helped to accommodate us when there was a bit of a mix up. The rooms were clean and like new. Will remember this location next time I'm in town. Thanks!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Harriston, VA
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Red Roof is starting to become one of my best chains. Clean room, good amenities (free wifi, nice TV, decent coffee). Nice bedding and well maintained. Courteous staff. Nice location right off the highway and yet my room was quite. Italian restaurant in walking distance. Good price.

Being a budget hotel, really the most I can give is 3 stars- but if your trying to stay in budget this is one to use!

Room Tip: I like first floor in the building away from the highway.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thetford, Vermont
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn while in Utica for a business interview. Its location right off of Route 90 made it very easy to find. The exterior of the building felt a bit dated, but the rooms themselves appear to have been recently renovated, making them feel very modern with a desk, flat screen tv, and laminated floors made to look like real hard-wood. Each guest room opens to the outside, so I kept the blinds closed over the giant window in the room to maintain privacy; though there were plenty of interior lights to make up for the blinds being closed. I found a long black hair on my folded hand towel and what appeared to be cat hair all over the desk chair. My room with two full beds also had a mini fridge and microwave, which was surprising considering I thought those features were only available in the Deluxe King room. The staff were nothing but courteous and helpful. At such a reasonable price and given its location, I would definitely stay at the Utica Red Roof Inn again.

Room Tip: If you're going alone, save a few bucks and get the two double beds versus the deluxe king.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SUBZEROSKIDD10
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The rebranded Red Roof Inn has impressed me in the past few years with clean, remodeled rooms at affordable prices. As we often travel with our dog, we also appreciate that the chain is dog friendly. Unfortunately, despite the widely advertised "100% non smoking" policy at this Red Roof Inn, there were lots of people smoking outside their rooms in the beautiful summer weather, and our room retained an unmistakable residue of smoke. I developed a headache and an itchy throat very quickly after checking in - nothing terrible, but definitely noticeable. When we mentioned it on checkout, the clerk was really nice but said that there's not much they can do if people smoke in their rooms aside from fining them and not letting them come back. It's a tough conundrum for them and I appreciate that, and this may well be the "pick of the litter" where pet friendly motels in Utica are concerned. Still, I would hesitate to stay here if you are super sensitive to smoke, as I apparently am.

Stayed July 2014
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel was not on the highway, and it was a good thing we had a GPS or we might not have found it. It took a little while to check in due to computer problems.
This was an average hotel, but it was a good stay for the price. No complaints!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Willoughby, Ohio
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed at this location for 4-nights and would highly recommend to anyone looking to stay in this area. The staff was very friendly, property/grounds beautiful and the remodeled rooms are very nice/clean. Excellent accommodations and the room rates are very reasonable. And it was very quiet even though the Inn was full most nights.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Justin S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Utica, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you, Terri, For your pleasant, descriptive review of our property. I always like to think of Red Roof Inn as an "Oasis off the barren thruway." I will share your review with the rest of the team, as they would love to hear your comments. We Hope to see you again on your next stay in Utica.