“Good food”
Review of Main Street Diner

Main Street Diner
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Valatie
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I've lived in the area my entire life - heard great things about this little diner in downtown Valatie. A Sunday late morning, we decide to stop in for a late breakfast. Easy on the street parking - and additional parking across the street. Outside the building looks shabby and run down. Inside is nicer than the outside. A local hole in the wall kind of place.

We waited a few minutes to be seated. The place was very crowded. Eggs Benedict was a special and just happens to be a favorite of mine. We were seated and of course I ordered the EG - however I requested to substitute the Canadian Bacon for Corned Beef Hash. No biggie right? The waitress came back to the table and asked if I minded that they serve the bacon on the side and give me an order of hash. I would have to assemble myself as the cook wasnt allowed to do that. What? Really? I agreed. My BF ordered an omelette.

The server was very nice and friendly. Our food arrived. My Eggs Benedict with no meat. The Canadian bacon on it's own plate - the corned beef hash on it's own plate. I had to lift the eggs off the muffins, add the hash and ressemble. Whatever.

My eggs were perfectly cooked - corned beef hash was out of a can. My BF's omelette was almost burnt on one side. Edible - Service was quick, prices inexpensive and is suitable in a pinch.

This by no means is a hidden gem for a foodie. It's everyday, ordinary, mediocre food. Although on the way out - we saw someone with a giant stack of blueberry pancakes that looked great. Maybe it was just a bad day or we ordered something that wasn't impressive.

They have a full menu for lunch and dinner. Maybe we will try it again. Maybe not

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I been here for great breakfast. The berry blend is great on waffles, I like the soups on a cold day. Mac and cheese on Friday. Greek salad is my wifes favorite. Great prices and the waitstaff is great

Reviewed 7 September 2013

If you're going to the Blue Spruce, go to the main street in Valatie and have a meal at the Main Street Cafe. Great meals at very good prices. Quick service and ample goodies.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Good home cooked food, tasty and GOOD quality, good size portions and very reasonable priced.
Full selection on the menu + several daily specials.
I have enjoyed lunch and dinner here.
Excellent rice pudding!!!
Worth the trip!!!!
They also take orders for pick up.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Nothing fancy but good, home cooked food! Always busy! Try the spinach pie or go on the weekend for some really delicious breakfast specials. They always have 6 or 7 specials that include soup and dessert! Wait staff is great! A family atmosphere and never rushed!