The Inn at St. Peters
US$126
US$117
Hotels.com
Rodd Brudenell River Resort(Georgetown)(Great Value!)
US$136
TripAdvisor
Dalvay by the Sea Hotel(Dalvay)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$61
US$213
US$141
US$116
Fairholm National Historic Inn(Charlottetown)
US$177
The Great George(Charlottetown)
US$239
US$169
Quality Inn & Suites Downtown(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
US$142
All reviewsdining roommusselsthe ownermy husband and ist petersmain buildinggas fireplaceprince edward islandquicheoverlooking the bayglass of wineseafoodgourmet fooddining experiencefrench toastfront porchlamb
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed three nights as part of a multi-generational family vacation: two school aged kids, two parents and one grandparent. An ideal place, with side-by-side cottages with a great view of the gardens and Bay. Rooms were spacious enough that kids could be in bed and adults read a book on the couch by the window. In the morning, before the kids woke, you could read in the Adirondack chairs on your personal balcony. Unlike some upper-scale inns, it felt kid-friendly, but also great for a romantic get-away, by younger couples or older ones.

A word on a prior poster's comment on price: yes, somewhat higher than other places on PEI, but you also get more. Breakfast is included; going elsewhere for a full breakfast with 5 people would have cost at least $50, probably more. And the $40 three-course dinner for inn guests is an incredible deal. It was also gourmet fare, and I don't say that lightly, coming from one of the most foodie (and food snobbery) place in North America. Halibut and scallops were amazing, as were the mussels (highlighting local fare), also interesting options of duck, pheasant and a pork appetizer duo which was the best pork I've had in a restaurant. Amazing (and huge) cheese plate as a dessert option, excellent sweet offerings, too. Finally, I'd recommend guests talk to Karen (and her staff) about needs or interests. Not only can you borrow a park pass to the Greenwich Dunes (another saving!), but we were offered beach towels and beach chairs - invaluable, especially for our 65+ family member. [A final note on bugs: I was actually pleasantly surprised by the lack of mosquitoes. We got a bite or two per day, and I left the balcony once the sun set, but much less of a problem than I'd feared given proximity to the Bay.]

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Fog-blogger
kdpei, Owner at The Inn at St. Peters, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review, I am so happy all of you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take full advantage of our expansive grounds.

I will pass your compliments on to the chefs!

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights and made it our home base on PEI. Room was very comfy and clean, and delicious hot breakfast. Afternoon tea was very nice and dinners were good as well. Jack, the cat, acted as the mayor of the inn by greeting each person and spending time with them.

Some thoughts:

--Bring bug spray for hiking and sitting outside your room in the early evening.

-- Do some of the hikes by Greenwich Dunes. Bring a towel to sit on the beach and bug spray. We were eaten alive before reaching the boardwalk.

-- Basin Head beach was our favorite. Cool sandbars in the afternoon. Lots of restaurants in Souris nearby.

-- Linn's takeout has good food and ice cream, and was close to the inn.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank bctravelpeeps

We appreciate you posting a review of the Inn, and you are right, Jack the cat is definitely the mayor of the Inn!

You are so right in pointing out our beautiful beaches, I am glad you were able to enjoy a couple of them. If you join us again ask us for beach towels and chairs, we have them here.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We spent one night on our biking trip at the Inn at St. Peters. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Though no ones fault, the only problem we encountered was a fly that would not stop buzzing and landing on you during the middle of the night. They had big fields around the Inn with pretty flowers and it was a great place to play soccer and kick a ball around. They had a vegetarian option which was pretty good for dinner. The best part was the dessert which was fantastic! The chocolate mousse along with the creme brulée was great and the ice creams were very tasty! It was interesting to learn that they use some water method to make the desserts. The people working there were friendly!

Room Tip: All of the rooms seemed the same with a nice view that faced towards the water!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alie G

Thank you for posting a review of the Inn, I apologize for the pesky fly! I am so proud of the staff we have here, I will pass along your kind words to them.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Great rustic island charm, incredible food, peaceful atmosphere and service that makes you feel like you are their most important customer. The three course dinner was fantastic and they were very knowledgeable in paring the wine with the meal. The chef has a palate that meshes local island specialties with gourmet flavors that were outstanding. Karen runs not just a great getaway but a retreat that combines service with a homestyle feel We will definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2014
kdpei, Owner at The Inn at St. Peters, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Maureen and Robert thank you so much for taking the time to write a review while you are still on your holidays! I am so pleased you enjoyed PEI (do we see you spending future summers here???) and more importantly, your time spent with us.

Happiness to both of you on your "new venture" perhaps we will see you next summer.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at St Peters on a last minute whim at the end of July 2014. This little boutique hotel is delightful! The suites/rooms were carefully planned out, they all have lovely views, a private deck with Muskoka chairs and a lovely cross breeze thanks to windows on the front and back. Even with both windows fully open, the room was very quiet. The food was excellent and a very good deal for guests with a $40 maximum for a three course meal. The halibut and scallops were very well prepared and the kitchen was able to deal with my husband's very considerable dietary limitations. Unlike some other recent reviews, I found the Inn very good value at $225/night including breakfast. Passes to the National Park at Greenwich were provided and everything one needs was offered. This property really caters to the cycling community and many of the decks had bikes on them. The only suggestion I would make would be to start the breakfast a little earlier, most of the guests seemed to be ready to eat when it opened at 8 am. I am already thinking of reasons to go back...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
kdpei, Owner at The Inn at St. Peters, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you, reading your review was a lovely way to start my day!

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass your compliments along to the staff. We certainly did have some early risers staying with us while you were here, the bicyclists do tend to be "early birds". In the future please let us know if you would like an earlier start to your day, we can certainly accommodate you.