“Nice Stopover”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Verona
New York
“Nice Stopover”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona for 1 night on our way to Niagara Falls, Canada from New York to split up the driving time. We are very glad we made this decision. Every single staff member we encountered was very nice and friendly, especially the nice lady who checked us in. We received a room on the first floor and it had 2 Queen Beds. The room was very modern and spotless. The sheets were white and nice and clean. The beds were a bit soft for us, but for 1 night it was fine. The room and bathroom were both a good size. The bathroom was also super clean and had modern decor. In fact, the whole hotel was very clean, modern, and comfortable. During our stay, we did use the pool, but we found it to be quite small; however, it was adequate enough for our short stay. The other thing about the pool area was that there was no whirlpool, but it was not really a big deal for us. The fitness center was small, but it had a good variety of equipment and was very clean. There is also a meeting room and a business center in the hotel. One thing that my family and I enjoyed about this hotel was the free breakfast. There was a good variety of different food, and there was plenty of places to sit. The value at this hotel is very good. It is a good place to stopover for the night if you are on Interstate 90 and looking to get some rest. It is also a great place to stay if you are planning on visiting the Turning Stone Casino, which is across the street from the hotel, because the rates here are reasonable and because they provide a free shuttle over to the casino. Overall, this is a very nice hotel for a stopover or a trip to the casino, and was perfect for my family of four.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Upstate NY
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a nice FI property across the street from Turning Stone. I was here for a couple of days on business and got a fantastic rate. Rooms were clean and the front desk staff were great. Even all of the housekeeping staff had smiles and greeted you with a friendly hello. Next door there is a sports bar with good food but you have to drive miles in all other directions to get to restaurants if you don't want to eat at the Turning Stone offerings. The warm and soft cookies at the front desk were worth the room price alone. Breakfast was great, and the hostess worked very hard to ensure all the food choices were well stocked. Overall a very nice property with friendly faces but just not a lot around otherwise. Plan a stay here - you won't be disappointed!

1 Thank JRDNDD
Reviewed 16 July 2014

having some business around, i stayed in Fair Field and do like it... it's a good compromise: the hotel is well maintain, the room are large, the staff is cool, ... what else do you need ? I will definitely stop there again next time.

Rotterdam, New York
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was in Verona on business with a large crew of utility workers who were working on storm restoration in the nearby areas. We were set up in the Fairfield Inn. What a very nice hotel. It has an inviting lobby and spacious rooms. I shared a room with two double beds. The room has a large flat screen TV . The bathroom was very large with a tub/shower combination. Room was very clean and hotel is not dated. There is a very nice breakfast offering. They provided eggs,sausage,oatmeal,waffles,cereal selections,toast,muffins and fresh fruit and juices. There is a nice dining area with a large TV. The staff was exceptionally friendly. If I was not there on business I would stay there again with family or solo.The rooms were quiet. No fridge or microwave in our room.That was not an issue for us. *****The "Recovery Room Restaurant" is next door. It is steps away and parking is shared with the hotel. Very convenient if you would like to catch a bite and not have to travel.

Room Tip: I saw the interior of several of the room and all appeared to be great.I believe rooms with odd-numb...
West Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This place is great. If you're in Verona, you're there for a reason. Meaning, there aren't many places to eat, shop or have fun. However, if you're there for business or you want to go to the Turning Stone Casino, I don't see how anyone could find a better hotel. The place is spotless. The staff is incredible. You can walk RIGHT across the street to Turning Stone or, if you're feeling lazy, you can take the shuttle. There's a Dunkin Doughnuts, 1 restaurant, a convenience store, a gas station and a liquor store steps away. What's not to like?

They did shut down the gym one morning because the air condition was broken. This made NO sense. Anyone who is a runner or athlete, knows how to handle themselves in "elements". A broken AC in April isn't exactly devastating. However, having to run outside during allergy season, amidst cow dung and pollen is.

Still...Awesome and I wouldn't hesitate to return. However, I don't think I'll EVER go to Verona again, so it's my loss. Sorry Fairfield Inn. I'd love to see you again. Maybe someday.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed here for the Boxing Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony nearby and also Friday Night Fights at The Turning Stone Casino across the street from the hotel. When we arrived we were greeted by Lorraine who was very pleasant , She had us checked in and in our room in 20 minutes. I asked how we could get to the casino and she explained how they had a complimentary shuttle. All you had to do is come down to the lobby and tell them you want to go to the Casino and they take you. Coming back you call and they pick you up and bring you back which was wonderful .
The room was beautiful clean and smelled so good.Housekeeping should be commended for doing such a great job. Breakfast also wonderful . Hot breakfast with many items to choose from.Very nice clean organized breakfast room and Lorraine again helping out in the breakfast room with a beautiful smile. I will choose this hotel again when we stay next year for the Boxing Hall Of Fame. Also we will be traveling to California in September will be staying in your hotel in West Covina California. I hope it will be as pleasant as this hotel. Thank you to all the staff in Verona NY who made our trip much more enjoyable than it already was.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DLF62
Warren, New Hampshire
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I booked this hotel as we were traveling and there are 5 of us. The room I had reserved was much too small. I asked if the adjacent room was open. The staff checked and they worked around my rewards points and we had the two rooms. The front desk people were just so nice, helpful and very friendly. The place was spotless. I took the kids to the pool and they had a great time. The next morning we had the breakfast which was very good. I just love the waffles. It is very difficult to find a hotel that will sleep 5 as well as an indoor pool and breakfast. Reallly loved it.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor near the pool....couldn't hear any noise outside of our room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Vernon Downs Hotel
Vernon Downs Hotel
#3 of 3 in Vernon
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Fairfield Inn & Suites Utica

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona? Share your experiences!