“Great little find” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Verona
“Great little find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2010

I was on the way back from Niagra Falls and the weather wasn't cooperating with the heavy snow. Finally I got off I-90 to find a hotel to spend the night and stumbled on the Fairfield Inn. The check in was quick and easy considering I did not have a reservation and the staff was very friendly.

The decor was very nice, trendy and obviously very new. The room was immaculate and the bathroom was very roomy. I felt completely comfortable and although the hotel was nearly full, it was very quiet.

The restaurant right next door was perfect for a quick dinner and only steps away.

The following morning two maintenance men working for the hotel were in the lobby and asked if I wanted help in clearing my car of the 6 inches that had fallen overnight. They went out and took care of my car while I checked out and got a quick breakfast. Nice little touch and very much appreciated.

Considering I randomly picked an exit to search for a hotel to tuck in for the night, I hit the jackpot with this place! Great little hotel!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Peg L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2009

Great new Fairfield. Very clean and cozy. Just off I-90 accross from Turning Stone Casino. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the casino which is convinient. Breakfast included. Clean room and hotel in general. It is a typical new style Fairfield that does the job. Finally, for late night drinks, great sports bar located in the same parking lot. Our stay at the Fairfield Marriott Verona was a great one and we would not hesitate to go there again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank J9257
florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2009

this place was so clean and wonderful,the staff were friendly and wonderful alsocant wait to visist again soon

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sweetiepie0031
Lancaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2009

very very nice new hotel stayed just one night but it was the best hotel our trip. very good service. sports bar in the parking lot was awsome very very good...

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank lm822
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2009

First of all, I don't know what they were thinking when they chose the color scheme for this place. I think they're trying to be trendy? But, to me it just looked cheap. When I saw the lobby, I was hoping it would not reflect the rooms - but I was wrong. I much prefer warm soothing colors rather than these vivid oranges and greens... yuck! The pattern on the carpet gave me headache! We'd been driving for hours and were exhausted when we checked in or I would have insisted on looking elsewhere. I wish we had. The price seemed reasonable and we really just wanted to sleep. But, instead, we could hear people talking up and down the hallway several times throughout the night. The next morning we could hear housekeeping knocking on doors when we were trying to sleep in. When we finally got up and went down to check out breakfast, it was huge disappointment (jimmy dean sausage sandwhiches!) Are you kidding? We left without saying a word. There's a casino across the street. We packed our stuff and went over there and had a really great breakfast. Maybe we should have stayed there.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FamiliaDeTravel
upstate ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2009

Hotel is very convienent to the turning stone casino, which is why we choose this hotel. Rooms are small, but nicely decorated. New funky feeling to it. Breakfast was included, which was the basic Toast, coffee, tea, bagels, cereal, yogurt, jimmy dean sausage biscuits. There was 24 hr coffee, tea and or hot chocolate, free newspapers, Don't stay in a room next to the stairs, as we heard people going up and down them since 6am in the morning. Sounded as if someone was playing basketball above our heads. Had a small 4 foot swimming pool, but it was clean and quiet. No one else in it. Beds were comfortable, but more on the firm side

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2009

I travel on business regularly and chose this location due to being a Marriott Rewards member and this hotel being close to my destination. I should have known better. Fairfield Inn's are on the low end of the spectrum. Although the room was clean, the bed was uncomfortable. I got a view of the highway so I could hear the trucks when they drove by (although in all fairness, my other choice was a view of a trailer park.) The staff was nice enough, but overall, I felt things were a bit "cheap". I'll definitely look around more to see if I can do better when I'm back in town next month.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford
Hampton Inn Rome
Hampton Inn Rome
#1 of 7 in Rome

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona? Share your experiences!