“winter weekend”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Verona
Troy, New York
“winter weekend”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Hotel room was nice, spa was great, steak house don't order steak. You can not bring in coolers for beverages but they only have 2 bars to get drinks. This is not Vegas. Gambling does not have good odds.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Nassau, New York
Reviewed 1 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at the resort overnight. I like staying right at the casino so I can just go upstairs and rest if I need too and then come back down stairs. It was very noisy in the hallways though the night we stayed mostly after midnight. Then we had people knocking on our door yelling, then they went away. I assume they had too much to drink. Otherwise, the room was clean, enough towels but like another patron said the smoke in the room was bad for not enough ventilation. I don't smoke but my husband does and the air in the room was terrible with smoke! I would come back for sure. I had a 15% off room coupon which helps, I would never pay full price. I used to get free rooms but no more in mail. If I get one I surely will be back soon.. Gail A. ..Nassau

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Corning, New York
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Did not enjoy our stay at the casino at all. Stayed one night with my wife in a Tower Room---tons of noise in the hallways all night (even someone banging on our doors at 3:00 AM). The casino is dirty and looks old. Some real spooky looking characters around too. Have been to many casinos in the US and in many in the states, and this was by far the worse. My wife and I did try the Steak Restaurant on the 21st floor and that was excellent! Usually like to go to Vegas, Atlantic City or Salamanca Allegany casinos and just wanted to try something different.Very disappointed---some of the video poker slots even had handwriting on the buttons to press. Oh well, it was worth a try and enjoyed the restaurant but will not return.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
TS_Management, Manager at The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new TS Steakhouse on the 21st floor. We are very proud of our new restaurant addition. We were disappointed that the remainder of your stay did not appear to meet standards. We have shared your comments with the management and staff.
In addition to gaming, our resort does offer a variety of activities, including golf, tennis, spa, concerts and nightlife, to name a few. We hope that one day, you might reconsider giving us another try. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Love to go every year. I just wish they had a better ventilation system for the smoke or a non smoking card game area. Room was smaller than usual but clean. Dealers and pit bosses were very pleasant for the most part and could always find a table to play at.

• Stayed January 2013
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this resort on a business retreat. The hotel was wonderful comfortable rooms with all the amenities. Cable and wifi that made my stay easier. the maid service was accomidating and diligent. room service was outstanding and willing to make room deliveries at all hours. The resturants in the hotel were 4 star quality. and the food delicous and presented as well as any iron chefs on on the telivision food station. the last evening I ordered a prime rib approximatly 16 oz. unlike many prime ribs this was not fatty but rare and as tender as cuting warm butter. The grilled asperagus perfectly done, and garlic mash potatos were creamy and seasoned with just the right amount of garlic. I fore gone the salad for a bowl of visy-swa a bottle of NY. Red Niagara area wine, finished with a sniffter of B&B.
Then it was on to the casino. If I didn't know better I would have thought I was in Los Vegus. A professional staff working the casino with skills, smiles, and assisting novices so they would find it hard to make costly mistakes. I enjoyed the stay and decided to go back in the late spring so I can try out the PGA golf course along with all the features this resoort offers. An error on my part they also have headliner entertainment and stars appearing in the hotel.

Room Tip: Obtain a room in the tower The only negitive is the smoking area in the casino does drift out to th...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
syracuse, New York, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I took my wife to TS to celebrate her 81 birthday with a massage and facial and to do a little gambling. Ashi was a wonderful experience for her. Hopefully we can do it again sometime. Dinner at Vino Bianco was outstanding; the fillet was the best we have had in quite a while; the scallops equally so. We won a few dollars in the poker hall, not early enough to make up for losses at Keno, Let It Ride, and the slots. One disappointment: when I booked the evening the person taking the info was excited to hear that we were celebrating my wife's birthday. She even passed it on to the waitress at Bianco. One would expect some small token of appeciation given the fuss made over it, but nothing was forthcoming. Dr. Luciano J. Iorizzo

Room Tip: For older people such as we are a room closer to the elevators would have been ideal.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Waterford, New York, United States
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I am handycap and asked for an early check inn wich was not ready. I specifically asked not to be netx to elevator or ice machine. I am up late playing cards and like to sleep in a few hours before checkout. My room was 325 Directally across from double doors leading to House keeping. Thay started at 6 am Banging aroung, slamming doors, Setting up there carts. I called twice and opened my door to ask them to please keep it down. None of them understood me. This just continued. BAB BAD BAD customer service.My Bathroom was very very dirty. I took pictures of curly pubic hairs in my tub. "gross" I have stayed her many times prior and this was the worst. No shampoo or soap left in my room. I called the front desk and asked them if the could just leave it in a bad on my door knob. I was told I had to be their??? So my walking cane and I had to walk all the way from my poker table up three floors just to find out that they left it on my doorknob anyway.. Well thats my rant, now I know to get to bed early and dont gamble because you wont get and sleep in the early am..
Thank you House keeping for a sleepy 3 hour ride home.

Also there were very little non-smoking tables. your cloths will reek. Also the poker dealers allowed choice players to use their phones. Very unprofessional.

Room Tip: If your going to be up late gambling or clubbing. Ask for a room wayyy away from the House keeping c...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
We are very disappointed to learn of your recent stay in the Hotel. We take your comments very seriously and have shared them with the Front Desk and Housekeeping departments. We would like an opportunity to speak to you personally, but have been unable to reach you. Please contact us at 1-800-771-7711 and ask to speak to the Front Office Manager or the Housekeeping Manager. Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Vernon Downs Hotel
Vernon Downs Hotel
#2 of 2 in Vernon
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford

Been to The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort? Share your experiences!