The Tower at Turning Stone Resort
US$94
Priceline
Relax Inn(Rome)
US$78
All reviewsturning stonecorner roomupstate tavernmini barnon smokingnice roomtable gamescasino floorparking garagebusiness meetinggreat showerfood courtevent centercentral nyshower headts steakhouseget away
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I have been to this property more times than I can count. The lodge is the best place to stay but can be pricey. The hotel and tower are the main part over the casino. There is also an Inn but be careful this is down the road. Thankfully my travel agent warned me or I would have booked the cheaper room and not even been at the casino. Big casino floor, but most of it is smoking. They do now serve alcohol. The resort has some great shows throughout the year. Several restaurants and a food court area. The Asian restaurant is good and so is the steakhouse. Valet park. It is easier and cheap. The garage can be difficult to find a space and then find your car. Book early, this place fills quick and be sure to ask your agent to look for different promotions like AAA and military rates if you qualify.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2011

The bellmen are simply the friendliest I've ever met. Everyone at this hotel was so helpful and cheerful. Kudos to the staff. The room is of a contemporary decor and very clean. The place was quiet after 11 and a wake up call was right on time for us in the morning. The fitness center is not to be missed. They have a lap pool! A jacuzzi and sauna area are available along with a full gym. They do not just have the bare minimum. Yes, there are plenty of playing opportunities on the casino floor. If you're not a gambler or golfer though, as I'm not, there isn't much to do, so bring a book or a laptop to hang with while others play. The TV has an abundance of free channels available and there are plenty of little restaurants, cafe's, and bars to peruse also. We follow a gluten free diet and found plenty of good food at the extensive breakfast buffet. Treat yourself to a pedicure at the Ahsi spa, you won't be disappointed. There is a pool with a jacuzzi next to the spa, also. The golf course and clubhouse are beautiful! We had a delicious business dinner upstairs there and were very comfortable. Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We are usually comped, but I try to rate as if I'm paying. The tower is clean, comfortable, and the staff is nice. Free valet parking, bell service, try to get a corner room (nicer view). Remember to ask for your free keno coupons.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I went as part of a bus group for a three day/ two night stay. The casino gave us good comps: $40 worth of bingo a day, $15 in food a day and a breakfast buffet coupon.

It had been several years since I stayed in the Hotel portion of the casino. I usually preer to stay in the Tower, because it is quieter and the rooms are nicer. When I went into my room, I noticed that they had put me in a non smoking room. I guess there may have been a mix up with the reservation, things happen. So I called the front desk and within ten minutes I was in my new room. From what I had heard the Hotel portion was being renovated, but the bellman told me they haven't done the "smoking floor" yet. Despite being in an "old" room, it was how I remembered it, adequate, nothing special or fancy. But the bed was comfy and the AC worked, so can't really complain too much.

The only thing I don't like about the Hotel is how thin the walls are. You can hear everything that is going on in the adjacent rooms. Not to sound like a stodgey old crank, but I could have done without being woken up at 3 am by drunk 20-somethings coming back from the club.

Yes, Turning Stone slots are notoriously tight, that is no secret. However, I did win $1,000 at bingo, so that added to my "fun money," so for a short time I felt like a semi high roller. I was smart enough to not let them take back all they had given me, but it did feel nice to have some extra money to play with.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Tower, it is the newer part of the casino and much nicer
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Turning Stone for a one night stay as we were making a roadtrip further west. One reason I selected this hotel is I knew we'd be arriving later in the evening and I wanted the convenience of being able to walk to dinner in the resort.

Valet service was quick, easy and free, and we checked in without a problem. Our room was on the 8th floor. My e-mail confirmation for the hotel boasted "breathtaking panoramic views" but I wouldn't exactly say that was the case. I've attached a photo.

The room was large and well appointed. Clean, but a little worn. There were some stains on the furniture as well as a few stains on the carpet. The design is sleek but not really luxurious. The shower was nice though, I've attached a picture. Nice walk in with adjustable shower fixture which could be straight above you or come out from the side.

Another pro - plugs! In this age of tech, I hate to go to a hotel where you have to crawl under the bed to try and locate a plug to plug in a cell phone or other device. Both side tables had plugs built in so I was able to charge my phone and iPad with ease.

The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. One thing I wasn't crazy about though was the location of our room. Our room and another room were closed off by second door. So you would use your keycard to open the first door and straight ahead was our door and another room to the left. This would be fantastic if you are a family traveling together because you can keep your room doors open but still have a locked door to the hallway. For us though, not knowing who was next door to us, it felt a little strange having this extra locked door.

Also, I always do a bed bug check and they passed with flying colors.

Would I make a special trip to Turning Stone, no, but I think for the area it is the best place you'll find.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple