“Modern Accomodations-Best Check In Ever”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Verona
The Tower at Turning Stone Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed 28 January 2013

In November 2012, my husband and I saw that Ron White was headlining at the Turning Stone Casino. My husband and I never had gone to the Turning Stone Resort, so this was a great opportunity to go and do something other than just gambling.

We were greeted with Valet parking. The staff was very attentative and seamless. The check in process was the same. No long lines, there were many front desk clerks. The clerk whom helped us was very efficient, giving us the tickets to the show, a meal discount and 15.00 each to gamble. We were with a group, so we got these extra upgrades.

The room was modern and clean.

The show was great. The facility was large and clean. We will go back again if another show comes that interests us. This is an adult place to attend and would not recommend bringing the children.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Our 40th Anniversary rolled around and we decided to celebrate somewhere we had heard about but had never experienced.

We decided on Turning Stone as it held something that we both enjoyed.....the Casino for me and Rodizio experience for him. Rodizio did not disappoint....make no mistake about this. You will not leave hungry. Sally our waitress and Mohammed, one of the gauchos, were fantastic. They MADE our dining a most enjoyable time.

The couples hot towel massage at Kanesha was going to be a new experience and I can't say enough about the Spa or its staff. Absolutely smashing....loved every minute of its traquility, elegance and attention to details.

Wished I could say the same about the Tower Room but can't. We stayed in the Tower because the Tower is 100% smoke-free. I would suggest that you check out the room before you decide to accept it. Lay on the bed before turning in for the night as the mattress was NOT great. It needed to be flipped; or, I believe, replaced. Turn on the shower as it appears it would have been a great dual shower.....only ours didn't work. Just the conventional shower head was working. We mentioned this and the uncomfortable mattress to the Front Desk personnel who acknowledged it and continued our check out. Guess they either hear this too often or are simply unconcerned about guest's experience. Either way, I don't think that we'll stay at Turning Stone in the future.... and if we do, we'll patronize the Casino, Rodizio and the SPA but stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: The Tower as opposed to the Hotel if you truly want a non-smoking room. CHECK out the room upon ent...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
TS_Management, Manager at The Tower at Turning Stone Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Happy Anniversary! We are glad that you enjoyed so much of what makes our resort special... the restaurants, the casino and the spas. We are disappointed that your room in the Tower was not up to standard and we apologize that the desk clerk did not convey that your input is valued. Rest assured that the desk clerks do report any issues that are brought to their attention. We hope you will consider us again in the future. But, if you do decide that the Tower is just not for you, please know that we do offer 3 alternate hotels, all of which offer non-smoking accommodations. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

check in was a tooth pull, they weren't able to find reservation, I thought that stopped happening in the 80s? Non-apologetic and kind of put out acting. No bellhop assistance (they were standing around though) Kind of a sticky substance on the desk mmmm yum.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank KayDubya66

We apologize that we were not able to locate your reservation upon check-in. We can understand how frustrating that could be for everyone involved. We hope that we were eventually able to accommodate your needs with the proper room type. We want every guest to feel welcome at our resort, and we are sorry that this was not the experience you encountered. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

Last night we attempted to get to sleep in room #606 in the Tower at this hotel..it was not happening though due to the terrible behavior of the group of losers staying in room 605! Let me just say the the people who are staying in this hotel leave a lot to be desired. For 3 hours from about 1 am to 4 am the jerks who were staying next door screamed obscenities and crashed around the room Other jerks joined them but not before banging on my door for a while until they realized they had the wrong room. They did finally go out to Lava! So lame! But then shortly after some other loser spent 45 minutes crashing and kicking the door screaming " Matt open the door!" I knew that this was a party hotel so I tried to be patient but finally after the kicking and screaming went on for 45 minutes I called the desk to ask them to send security... It got quiet for a few minutes but the started all again shortly. After my second call to the desk about 3:30 I guess they finally got back in the room and continued to spew the vilest of language about the women who had no interest in them -- yes I heard every word! If you are a decent person this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: Elmira correctional has a better quality of guests!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris1148

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for the poor behavior of the guests next door. Everyone deserves a good night’s rest and we do understand that the compensation you were given at check check-out, does not replace a sleepless night. We do want everyone who visits our resort to enjoy themselves, but also to behave themselves. We are sorry that your experience was impacted. We hope you will reconsider us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

We bought a 1-night show package to celebrate our anniversary. The show was awesome & the resort is very nice, however, we stayed in the Tower in room 808...it's a corner room......unfortunately! But who knew this would be an issue.....This was my first time staying overnight. I am not a complainer and I sleep pretty hard, but I have NEVER stayed in a hotel where I was awakened in the night several times for long periods of time. The couple in 807 got in after midnight & the corner door slammed as if it were my room door. Then their room door slammed. Conversation was heard in detail. The guy left-a few times & forgot his room key. He continually knocked on the door hoping to wake his partner. Then he called her cell phone & it rang & rang & rang. This was @ 3:38am! Then continued to knock on the door calling her name. Around 5:30am he did it again & I was going to call the front desk (I had an early morning massage scheduled & was exhausted) but it sounded like security was out there with him-because we heard voices & then a thank you. Unfortunately, next time I will come for a show but drive home. I spent a lot of money for a terrible nights sleep. When we checked out I mentioned all this. I have stayed in much less expensive hotels & was NEVER bothered by this kind of noise. She said I should have called the front desk. Next time I will. Dinner at Pino Bianco was awesome, the show was excellent, my massage was incredible & the buffet is great!

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a corner room!
1  Thank Valerie H

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. We are happy that you were able to enjoy so many of the wonderful aspects of our resort. However, missing out on a good night’s rest is not acceptable. Typically, the corner rooms are the quieter rooms, because of the second entry door. We apologize that this did not work out for your experience. We hope that you will consider us again for a future stay.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

We had a great time, and the hotel staff was good. But for what we paid for the room, the bed was not comfortable and a bit cramped. I think if I were to visit the Casino again, I would skip the "expensive" hotel and opt for a less expensive one.

Room Tip: If you are used to a firm bed or a Foam bed, you won't like the towers....but for one night it w...
1  Thank MAC1969_13

Thank you for taking the time to comment about the Tower at Turning Stone. We are happy to hear that you had a great time and that our staff treated you well. For future stays, we do offer two hotel options that are a bit more economical: The Hotel at Turning Stone and the Inn at Turning Stone. We hope you will check them out the next time you visit!

Reviewed 18 January 2013

We bought a 1-night show package & met 2 other couples my husband went to college with for a mini-reunion. It was nice to be all together in one place. Our rooms were all on the same floor in the Tower, and we found it easy to find our way around.
We had lunch in the sports bar, where we cheered on the Syracuse basketball team to victory while eating delicious & reasonably priced meals. After a short nap (we're all senior citizens) we reconvened in the casino, where none of us had any luck but all of us had a lot of fun. Then we went up to the 21st floor of the Tower to a sumptuous dinner (try the lamb chops - supurb!!).
The high point of the experience was the Scinta's variety show - we all enjoyed it very much & found the family values included in the performance refreshing. Musically, it was professional all the way. The only complaint we had was that the volume was too loud most of the time.
Kudos to turning Stone for providing quality with affordability. Our rooms were quiet, clean & very nicely decorated.
My only negative comment is that the pillows had far too many lumps! Get better pillows & I'll have a 100% enjoyable visit next time (and we WILL be back)!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Vernon Downs Hotel
Vernon Downs Hotel
#3 of 3 in Vernon

Been to The Tower at Turning Stone Resort? Share your experiences!