“Clean, but nothing spectacular.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Verona
GreenLeadersBronze level
NY
“Clean, but nothing spectacular.”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I will list this with pros first and cons second. We stayed here as a little mini winter getaway for my family.

Pros - The room was very clean and spacious. The staff was very friendly, no issues there. The coffee was good and we liked that they offered travel cups to take back to your room. The TV was a flat screen that rotated, which was very nice for us all to watch. My child loved using the pool, and it's nice that they feature a complimentary breakfast.

Cons - The check in was very slow; it wasn't crowded but it took a long time. I could swear I smelled smoke in our room, though I don't know if they even have smoking rooms but it bothered me during the night. I was very cold even though the heat was turned up all the way. You can't close the curtains all the way which was kind of annoying. Walls were VERY thin, whether it was people walking by in the hallway, kids running up and down, or the people in the room next door talking or watching TV ( they had their TV on almost the whole night) there was definitely no sound barrier. The pool is nice but very small, and you have to walk through the lobby to get to it. The complimentary breakfast wasn't bad, but nothing special.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My group book a King Room with a jacuzzi and we had a double with queen beds awesome !! 24 hr shuttle to Turning Stone!!! Love this Hotel 5 star in my ..the breakfast was good..front desk so attentive ..5 star hotel

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Camden NY
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed here on January 31, 2014 to attend a 50th birthday party, and it was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at. When I called for the reservation, I was treated with great respect and professionalism by Debbie. From the time I checked in until I checked out, the staff went above and beyond to make sure your stay was comfortable and to let them know if there was anything you needed.
This place is really impressive, the lobby and lounge have a lot of windows, the rooms are huge and comfortable. The price includes a free shuttle service to the casino across the street.
Breakfast was also included: cook your own waffles; breads, muffins, yogurt, fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, juices, milk, coffee.
A great gem!! Will definitely stay again and recommend to others!

Room Tip: King suites are huge!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Chatham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 January 2014

7 PM - Someone tried to bust into my room and was able to unlock the door including the deadbolt I had applied. The force was enough to knock the swinging bar door guard 4" off the door surface. I recovered from the shock enough to dial "O" for the front desk but the call cut off after 11 rings. This happened three times! My next thought was to dial 9-1-1 for the police but I decided to try dialing the full hotel telephone number from my cell phone and after quite a few rings the front desk answered my call. The clerk apologized for not picking up my three previous attempts. She guessed the cause of my trauma was a maintenance worker trying to check the heat in my room. I was scared for my life! and am still feeling the effects of the trauma.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank P3ters2014
ILION
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

First time stay in this hotel. I was very impressed with it. Brightly lit interiors, comfortable rooms, and professional staff. Had a shuttle service to the casino, which was convenient. The heating unit under the window was a little noisy, which was a minor annoyance. Hot breakfast in the morning was good.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank CRAIG_S_1981
Elmira, New York
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I recently booked a king room for the night. When arriving at the hotel the staff was very friendly. When we got up to our room the bed was not a king but 2 full size beds. My husband went downstairs to ask and the front desk said that when we booked online it wasn't a reservation but just a request to have a king bed. My husband disagreed with her and since the hotel was booked with a large wedding the staff couldn't get us another room but DID give us our room for half off. I'll take a half off room for the smaller beds! When checking out in the morning the lady at the front desk had told us the truth that another guest had extended his stay in the king room so they had to move us around. If we were told that at check in we may have been more understanding instead of them trying to pull a fast one on us. The room was very nice and passed my clean inspections! I would stay again when going for a date night away for some casino fun! The breakfast was good! And the pool looked great although we didn't use it!!

• Stayed January 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Red Roof Inn Utica
Red Roof Inn Utica
#3 of 13 in Utica
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona? Share your experiences!