Dwarf Line Motel & Cottages
Cinderella's Suites(Sylvan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$109
US$89
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona(Verona)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$99
Priceline
Relax Inn(Rome)
US$78
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I was in town for Sylvan Beach Amusement Park and had decided ahead of time that I was going to stick around for the night instead of driving towards the next day's destination. The motel is located on a quiet mostly residential street and backs up to a state park. The actual town of Sylvan Beach is about a mile down the road which you may or may not prefer.

Merle was very nice and remembered me from an e-mail I had sent before my trip. She was also interested as to why a teenager was looking for a hotel in rural New York (I was on an amusement park road trip).

My room was in what I assume is its original condition, which I honestly had no problem with as it was spotless. The bed was comfortable, though a bit more firm than I'm used to seeing at hotels. I actually prefer a firmer bed, but I can understand how someone could find it uncomfortable. The wall air conditioning unit did a fine job keeping the room cool. There was free wi-fi and my laptop had no problem getting a signal.

The bathroom was indeed very small. The toilet nearly impeded on the sink. The shower's head wasn't over my head, and I'm only about 6'. Since I didn't spend too much time in there I can't mark down too much, but this could be a concern if you have a whole morning routine.

I paid $65 for my room. My initial reaction was that it's on the verge of being expensive but since Sylvan Beach is a classic resort town this is actually cheaper than other hotels in the area. I would've paid something similar or more for a chain along the turnpike, anyways.

Overall I was very pleased with my stay. My room was clean and comfortable and I felt welcomed. If my travels bring me to Sylvan Beach again I will see if a room is available at the Dwarf Line Motel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank VGplay
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Merle was nice and helpful and let us bring out pets. She also made a good effort to socialize and make us feel welcome.
The condition of the cottages needs updating and looks like it's original from the 50's.
Seems to have original bed/mattresses, rugs, decor etc.
AC in window did not work.
Had a musty 1950's smell.
Could have stayed at state park much cheaper!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Xtaline
Reviewed 21 August 2009

First let me say the owner was very pleasant. Access to the beach was across the street and behind thier house was nice. The rooms were a different story. Very old uncomfortable mattress, 2 1/2' x 5' SMALL bathroom, no phone or clock radio, dirty and run down.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kmartcowboy
Reviewed 17 August 2009

I don't think Merele likes families with children who are looking to have a good time? She was purely evil during our visit we would never go back and never recommend!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Enzo S
Reviewed 18 June 2009

My friend and I stayed for a long girls weekend and had a great time. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. Merle and John are very friendly people and helpful. I left my phone charger behind and she called me right away. Since we were only 5 minutes away, we were able to turn right around and get it.
It was a great experience and we will definitely book again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends