Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskbinghamton universitylots of parkingroom was cleana great staybusiness centerthird floorson's graduationking roomwelcoming staffshort drivebreakfast attendantcoffee makerroad tripfree breakfastfridge and microwavewould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Holiday Inn Express is our first choice always !!! This year we had 11 girls, 22 parents several siblings and 2 coaches... Everyone loved their time at the hotel... Clean, Friendly Staff, Great Area to Relax and the Breakfast was Perfect... The Director of Sales has to be thanked by me for taking care of all my booking details, which made my task in booking our rooms for this tournament a simple one... Looking forward to next year...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
HolidayInnVestal, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2011

Thank you for your wonderful words. Your team has always been terrific! We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed 20 May 2011

My colleagues and I traveled to Vestal for an annual leadership meeting. Because the Vestal location was centrally located for the group of women who would be traveling from different locations across New York State, the Holiday Inn Express was scouted out and recommended by a local colleague in the area for our overnight meeting. Having been accustomed during previous years to having our annual meeting in a smaller, more homey-type location, we were a bit skeptical about having it at a hotel instead. As it turns out, we could not have been more pleased with our choice to meet there!

Our very first encounter and subsequent planning conversations with Laurie Scurry, Director of Sales/AGM, were so pleasant. We found her to be an absolute delight and so ready to accommodate our every need. Upon our arrival, we were very warmly welcomed. Laurie and the staff at the Holiday Inn Express did everything to make us feel at home, comfortable, and satisfied on every level.

The meeting room was the perfect size for us and we were invited to set it up however we needed to in order to have it best serve us. The breakfast room was beautiful, not to mention inviting, and provided a wonderful place for us to have our special luncheon as well. Having the breakfast room made available to us at lunchtime eliminated the need for us to seek an off-site restaurant for this. Laurie and her staff were very flexible and allowed us to use the hotel facilities to our fullest advantage.

The sleeping rooms were lovely; immaculate, new, and comfortable. Everyone slept well! We were all so comfortable that I even invited all of our women into my room for a little pajama party, complete with bedtime story and bedtime prayers, before we all turned in for the night :).

The free continental breakfast was so nice, and delicious too, with lots of choices. All in all, our stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Vestal was a "slam dunk!" I only wish we could have stayed longer!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

We wish you could have stayed longer too! All of the women were wonderful and I'm very happy that we were able to make your stay so nice! Thank you!

Reviewed 15 May 2011

I reserved a room here on line costing over 200.00. When I arrived I was given a room adjacent to the lounge, pool, and elevator, which was also right by the front entrance. It was unbearably loud. When I asked for a change of room, I was told that I was unable to do that. Not only that, I was responsible to pay for the room even if I left because it was past the deadline to cancel. It was loud until after 4 AM. A deaf person would have been unable to sleep. This was the worst experience I have ever had with a hotel in 55 years.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else in Vestal
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnVestal, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2011

I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is our #1 concern. The staff member who you spoke with believed that you were satisfied with the additional points which he applied to your Priority Club account; otherwise, he would have checked to see what else he could have done to rectify the situation. What you had booked on line was a package deal, which included a Jacuzzi Suite and Gas Card. Unfortunately, we only have two Jacuzzi Suites on property and the other room was in use already, which is why you could not be moved at 4 AM. That weekend we did have a large wedding party in house, and the staff tried to contain them in the Great Room upon their return from the wedding. I'm very sorry that your room was the only one of its type available. I hope that the additional discount, which our Front Desk Manager sent to you, will tempt you to come back, give us another try, and allow us to win back your faith in the Holiday Inn Express Brand.

Reviewed 10 May 2011

Had a recent business trip in Binghamton, stayed for 3 nights. Fairly new hotel, staff very helpful, rooms clean. Free breakfast was ok but it was free so not really complaining. Only thing was an odd odor in the main foyer and elevator, almost like plastics that were curing as I said a newer hotel so it may be construction material just curing. All in all a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Hotel is attractive and quiet, even though it's off a busy street. Room was nice and comfortable, and conveniently located near the pool, fitness center, and breakfast buffet room.

Staff was nice and accommodating. Free breakfast buffet was very nice, as was the fitness center.

My biggest complaint is the pool. It was cloudy and had small bugs in it.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
LaurieScurry, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

I would like to Thank you for your kind words as well as the constructive criticism for our property. I would like to specifically respond to your pool area complaints if I may. I thank you for letting us know that the pool was cloudy. I have addressed that issue and the pool has been cleared up. Apparently the Bromine levels had gone lower than normal. The bug issue is unfortunately due to the fact that the windows are being opened. We have also addressed that and I do not believe that if will be an issue in the future. Again Thank you for your words and I do hope that you will stay with us again soon!