“The best in the area!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Vestal
Reviewed 21 July 2013

You will not find a hotel in the area that personally takes care of you like this one. I stay here regularly for business and find the hardworking, professional staff to be an asset to a clean beautiful hotel. This is by far the best Holiday Inn Express I have stayed in. Andy and Laura at the front desk are warm, welcoming, and professional. Breakfast is great and the woman who works there during the week works very hard to keep everything beautiful. The best part of it all at this hotel that makes all this happen is their hardworking dedicated manager Laurie. She is there day after day ensuring everything is done right. She is a true asset to the hotel. Nothing would be the same without her. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
LaurieStanchak, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Wow! What can I say to that review except Thank You! It's so nice to hear that we are all doing such great jobs but we can't take all the credit. We may have the best Staff around but we also have the Greatest Guests as well! Thank you for being one of the best! We'll see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We picked this hotel because it is across the road from Binghamton University. Our daughter was registering for freshman classes at Binghamton. The breakfast was great with fruit, eggs, waffles, cereals, and a machine that makes two fresh pancakes. The lady that handles the buffet area keeps it nicely supplied and clean. The room had a nice sized refrigerator -- bigger than the usual hotel refrigerator. There was also a microwave in the room.

However, one unexpected quirk we encountered was the morning cleaning of the room. Our daughter was still sleeping when the hotel cleaner knocked on the door so we told her we would be out soon after she woke up. Therefore, I put one of the do-not-disturb signs on the door (interestingly, the do-not-disturb sign says the same thing on both sides). We were soon out and I took off the sign. Later on, when we came back to the hotel that evening, nothing had been cleaned and the beds were not made. When we asked the front desk, we were told that the do-not-disturb sign had confused the cleaning lady. Someone was then sent to clean the room. I don’t understand what was confusing about the sign on the door when it was no longer there. Taking off one star.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor towards the back and it was pretty quiet there.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
LaurieStanchak, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Congratulations on your daughter registering at Binghamton University! I'm glad that most of your stay was so good and we look forward to seeing you again and again over the next few years! Thank you for letting me know of the issue with our housekeeping staff. I will speak with them in regards to this issue and remind them that they are to go back before they leave for the day to check all DND rooms and clean them if the sign is removed. Thank you for your wonderful review and information. See you soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

This was a 1 night stay while attending a family function nearby. The hotel was very clean and well set up with a lounging area/couch/fireplace in the breakfast room. Breakfast was fine, with fresh fruit bowl and whole fruit, pastry, bagels, biscuits and gravy, etc. The room exceeded my expectations. It was spacious, very nicely furnished, had a toiletry basket in bathroom, fridge, microwave, coffee maker. Excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
LaurieStanchak, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Breakfast is a very important meal and we're happy that you enjoyed ours. The fresh fruit bowl is an excellent way to start the day! Exceeding expectations is always a wonderful accomplishment. We look forward to seeing you during your next family function or before!

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I checked into this Holiday Inn after a long drive from Toronto, Canada. We were given good service at our check-in at around 9:00PM and we found the room we reserved to be clean and adequate - a two queen bed, one sofa bed "suite" for our family of four. However, there is no door separating the "bedroom" from the living area and tiny kitchenette, so therefore the only privacy is in the bathroom - hardly what I expected when booking a suite. I am writing this at almost 6AM because at 2:30AM,I and my other family members were awakened by a very loud family - no children, just parents and their young adult children, who came in and spoke very loudly and boisterously in the hallway, by the elevator and continued into the parking lot. We could hear every word as our room was not only close to the elevator on the second floor, but also overlooked the parking lot. it has been impossible for me to get back to sleep after that. It also did not help that unless you have the air conditioner set very high, it shuts off until the room gets uncomfortably warm and then shuts off again after the room cools off, so you can't have the continuous "hum" of the air conditioner to block out sounds unless you have it set to a very cold temperature.

For this, with my AAA discount, I am paying $203.40 for one night. Yes, we are getting a breakfast buffet included, but that hardly makes up for the noise and the lack of privacy in the room. The one good thing is that the staff appear to be caring and concerned and when I asked for a later check-out time than 11:00AM, I was given a 1:00PM check-out with no extra charge.

I wish my experience had been different, but when you are staying in a college town, you run the risk of having lots of the students and their families staying at the local hotels and many are completely oblivious to the other hotel guests. In what universe is it appropriate to talk extremely loudly right outside the rooms where people are sleeping at 2:30AM? As I sit here at 6AM on Sunday morning in the "business center" of the hotel, I am already hearing the loud voices of the people in the hallway - probably the staff, but the sound carries throughout the floor.
If peace and quiet and a good night's sleep are your priorities, I would NOT recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Do not book a room near the elevator or in the front of the hotel overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

I would like to Thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay in the area and apologize for the issues that you encountered here. I would like to personally speak with you in regards to these issues and would appreciate it if you would send me an email to gm@hiebinghamtonu.com advising me of a time and date that would be convenient for me to call you.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We needed a place to spend the night on the way to our son's graduation in upstate New York that would accomodate five people. We rented a suite with two queen-size beds and a couch bed. Since we were only going to be there long enough to take a shower and sleep it really didn't matter. The hotel was clean, well furnished and the staff was very helpful and attentive. The complimentary breakfast was great and had a good selection for all members of the family.
All the furniture looked new and the beds were perfect. I just wish we would have had more time to enjoy the property and other amenities.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
LaurieStanchak, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourself here even if it was only for one night. Hopefully the next time you will be up you'll be able to spend more time with us!

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We attempted to book a room in Vestal for my son's graduation from SUNY Binghamton two months out from the event, There were no rooms available in the area looking online at any of of the local hotels, the closest that even indicated they had rooms available were in PA, 30 minutes away. We ended up calling the Holiday Inn, which is highly rated in the area. They indicated they did not have a room available for Saturday only, but they did have one for Friday AND Saturday. I have to say the only negative thing I have to say about the place is the price gouging that goes on for college events. They have you over a barrel; graduation is a specific date, it is not like you can change your stay for a less expensive weekend. Not only was I stuck with staying the extra night, I was charged over $300 PER NIGHT. And they know you will pay it if you want to stay locally. So we sucked it up and paid the price. I did not have the time to call all over Broome Co. comparing hotel prices, that is what the internet is for. Sadly, the only two local hotels with open rooms online had consistently bad reviews. So I opted to pay the price for the better reviews.

As for the hotel itself, it was spotless. The staff was friendly and efficient. We never actually got to swim in the pool, but the pool area and workout area were also maintained and spotless. The continental breakfast had a large variety to choose from. The location is convenient to everything on the Vestal parkway and only minutes to the campus. They even had lemonade and snacks in the lobby for families of the graduates. Yes I would stay again, it was a very pleasant place, but not at $300 a night.

Room Tip: There is no "good" room, There are only views of parking lots and shopping areas and the h...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
LaurieStanchak, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Thank you very much for your wonderful review about our hotel. The staff takes a lot of pride in pleasing our guests. Unfortunately Graduation and Parents Weekend in October are two of the busiest times in this area. We always try to recommend booking your rooms as far in advance as possible. Thank you again for the wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

The hotel is clean and seems new.
There's a decent complimentary breakfast in the morning.
The staff is friendly & helpful.
I have no complaints whatsoever. It's a great hotel for business travelers as well as families on a budget - rooms are well appointed & spacious.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
LaurieStanchak, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Thank you for your review. It's wonderful to hear that the hotel seems new as we are actually 5 years old this year. The staff loves to take good care of the hotel as well as our guests. We look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vestal
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal? Share your experiences!