“Great spacious suite, updated & beautiful”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Vestal
Reviewed 1 October 2009

We were on a long road trip and we chose this hotel for close proximity to the highway. It was a fantastic surprise. It was a bit off the the main highway, but well worth the few extra miles. The hotel is updated and beautiful. The room/suite was very large, with a separate living room area. It had a great bed, plush linens, refridgerator, free internet, a basic breakfast & really nice people. It's also near a lot of restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed 7 September 2009

The Comfort Suites is a very nice hotel. They have free wi-fi, an office area, pool, free breakfast, fitness room, microwave in room, and more. It is very comfortable in the rooms and the employees seemed to be nice.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2009

The hotel opened less than a year ago and is in good condition. The rooms are spacious and clean and comfortable with a flat screen tv, comfortable beds, couch (not so comfortable), spacious bathroom, fridge, and microwave.
There is a very small fitness room (one treadmill, another one maybe two cardio machines, multi use weights) and a small pool (used mostly by families with children it seemed).
There is free breakfast every morning in a breakfast room with a pretty diversified offering, bagels, toast, waffles, hot items (usually two items that change daily, sausage, bacon, french toast, biscuits, etc), yogurt, and breakfast pastries (danishes, muffins), though the quality is not very good. Coffee is always available which is nice (out by the reception desk when it is non breakfast hours).
The service was friendly, everyone at the front desk was nice when checking in or when there were any problems (i.e. key stopped working).
There is also free wireless and free computer usage in the main reception area with internet and printing capabilities, which is nice.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We were looking forward to staying at this new hotel, but we will not be returning. We specifically picked this hotel because of the pool (because we were traveling with a child who was excited about swimming) , but when we arrived we were told it was broken. We went to the small gym for a workout, but there were no towels there for the previous users to wipe off the machines, and the water cooler was empty. The next morning we went to breakfast and my husband scooped up a mouthful of cereal with sour milk. There were also a lot of delays in checking in. We asked to speak to a manager when we were checking out because we felt he should know about all of the problems we encountered. We were told he wasn't in (this in itself seems like a problem since it was a newly opened hotel that clearly wasn't being well-managed). After finally reaching him by phone, he appeared very concerned and eager to please us and said he would send us vouchers for a free night. After MANY attempts to retrieve these vouchers ( he said he sent them overnight mail, but they never arrived; he said he'd deliver them personally - that never happened. We left many messages with the front desk that were never returned. We spoke to the corporate office and were told it would be quicker to deal directly with the local management. We finally gave up - mostly because we wouldn't want to stay at this hotel again, even for free.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jonjannyc
Reviewed 16 July 2009

I almost didn't want to write a review of this hotel because I couldn't think of anything negative to say that might be useful to someone. But, my daughter convinced me that really wouldn't be fair, so here we go:

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room had a modern feel and included a refrigerator and microwave. The breakfast was great: waffle iron, biscuits and gravy, hard-boiled eggs, along with the usual cereal, fruit, etc. I thought the breakfast room was pretty spacious for a place of this size, but I imagine it could fill up pretty fast. Okay, the orange juice was watery. That's about the worst thing I could say about this hotel.

Here is something I thought was a nice touch: complimentary coffee, hot chocolate, and tea are made available 24/7 in the lobby. The coffee, including the breakfast coffee, was delicious, and there seemed to be a real effort to keep it fresh. In fact, the in-room coffee was also excellent. I think hotels are really starting to make an effort in that area.

The indoor pool is TINY. But my kids didn't care.

Speaking of kids, the floors seemed very thin. You may want to consider staying on the top floor if, like me, you have no patience for kids, or anyone else for that matter, clomping around above you.

We paid $109 plus tax. for the king "suite." (Does this word have any meaning when it comes to hotels? Yes, there was a foot-long divider between us and our kids, so I guess it's a "suite.") Frankly that seemed a little steep based on what we were paying for similar places in Colorado last year, but it seemed to be about the going rate, if not on the cheap end, for the area.

We plan to stay here again in the fall.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2009

We stayed at the Comfort Suites over July 4th weekend. The rooms were clean and spacious. The breakfast left much to be desired. Major problem we had was that housekeeping kept leaving our door ajar. We came back three times to find our door open. We mentioned it to the front desk the first time and were assured it wouldn't happen again, but it did.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2009

I loved my stay at this hotel. Its fairly new.I will 100% be going back every other month on my trip to NY. The food in the breakfast was great! and the young girl Kerri serving it kept it very well with cleaning,helping,and refilling, very nice and good social personality.She even multi-tasked and does front desk too! I couldnt get my TV on and she came not two minutes later and helped me get it on.The rooms are very accomadating and clean. The pool is small but sufficent it was clear and heated. The parking gets busy but always room. I had a great stay and can't wait to go back! Thank you to the Hotel and Kerri for helping me with everything!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vestal
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
Courtyard by Marriott Binghamton

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!