“They went out of their way”
Review of Plaza Diner - CLOSED

Plaza Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I had stopped at this diner a few days earlier and ordered the chili omelet. It was so good I decided to go back only to find that was a one day only special.But the waitress csme back from the kitchen and told me the cook said he would gladly make mr one. And again ot wad absolutely delicious. My wife ordered the broccoli cheese omelet and loved it.

1  Thank Bob L

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The menu is quite large with a variety of items from Greek specialties to hamburgers. I had the fried shrimp and it was delicious. The cream of turkey soup is also yummy. The portions were large and I had plenty of leftovers to take home. Our server was kind, but the hostess was not friendly at all. She snapped when asked for clarification on what the desserts were in the refrigerator and just seemed to have a dour personality. A smile or just being polite would have improved the situation, but it didn't happen. We ordered a variety of desserts to go. I had the cheesecake and it tasted as if it had been around for a while. The texture was dry and marshmallow like. I wouldn't order that again. It kind of reminded me of a dessert you'd get at the Spot restaurant....,and that is not a compliment. I'd like to say I'd give it another try, but I don't think I will.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Plaza used to be our favorite diner, but since they've taken out the lovely desert cases, it's just ok for lunch. Breakfast is always great, though, and the portions are large. Service is very quick, and most of the servers are friendly.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Cant go wrong with a good Greek diner. Daily specials at great prices. Some items are better than others depending on taste. Huge portions, a must to visit for dinner for a good home cooked meal. Stick with meals here, not burgers or sandwiches. Don't forget soup! Homemade as well. Skip dessert. You will be too full anyway. Get a muffin to go to have for breakfast the next day.

2  Thank nfhf
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Quick service, nice size portions. Waitress was initially a bit abrupt, but warmed up. Regular diner fare but great for a quick lunch.