“Nice lunch”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 100 Restaurants in Vestal
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were out shopping a few days ago and decided that we needed lunch, TGIF was in the parking lot where we were shopping so we thought we would give it a try. Turns out it was a good choice, our server David was excellent , the food was exactly as described and very tasty, the portions were large and although the prices are a little higher than some places, it was well worth it for the meals we had.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I visited with my friend (both girls). We were seated quickly but weren't asked where we would like to sit (outside or inside). Not a big deal, really. Our waitress seemed okay at first, but didn't give us much time after promptly giving us our water. When we asked for time to look over the menu we were given it, but she didn't come back for about ten minutes (long after we'd closed the menu's.) Whatever, still not a big deal. We ordered an appetizer and some pasta for dinner. The appetizer took a while to come out, considering it was pretty much a slow evening, and then the pasta came out too soon after. I ordered a the Berry Blend Mojito, and while it tasted really great, I'm not convinced there was actually much alcohol in it. She also didn't check with us about refills, and overall was very standoffish and inattentive. When I asked for the check and a box, she got them to me quickly but then disappeared, and another employee saw us waiting to leave and took care of it for us. The appetizer (Floretine Flatbread) and pasta (Bruschetta Chicken) were delicious, so compliments to the cook.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Service - Our server was very flighty and extremely chatty. She would stand at our table and talk for 5-6 minutes at a time. It's no wonder she forgot things and disappeared for long spans of time. She was probably chatting at all her other tables. She forgot our appetizers until after our food arrived (however, the manager removed them from the bill appropriately).

Food - As always, I was not overly impressed with their food. They push the Jack Daniels sauce on seemingly everything, and it's not even that good. They need to change their frier oil more often.

Value - I wouldn't say this is a great value. They advertise "2 for 1 cocktails" every day, but they are over $7 apiece and are not "true" doubles. I would say it's more like $3.75 each for two 3/4 shot drinks that you can get poured into 1 glass or 2.

Atmosphere - This place can get extremely busy and loud. Sometimes the lighting is very dim. Other times it's sufficient. It depends on where you sit.

Bar scene - I like the bar here. The bartenders are friendly and attentive for the most part. I would come here to sit at the bar. The bar saves this review from being poor.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Nothing special to note. Standard farre and adequate service, but nothing that would make us schedule a return visit. If it's suggested by someone else we wouldn't necessarily say no, but we won't be the ones to suggest it.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

i love the 2 for 10 my entire family and i went out for dinner there were 15 of us everything was hot and the service was outstanding and the manager was very nice as well he is doing a good job

Been to TGI Friday's? Share your experiences!