“A Gem in the Binghamton Area”

P.S. Restaurant & Luxury Lounge
Ranked #7 of 98 Restaurants in Vestal
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: International, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“A Gem in the Binghamton Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

My son is a junior at SUNY Bing and we are always on the look-out for a nice place to grab a bite when we visit. On a larch, we used the GPS to search for French restaurants in the area. P.S. was the closest (next closest was over 50 miles away) so we took a drive over. Yes, the location -- in a sort of strip mall -- is a bit disconcerting (in fact my son did not even want to go in) but we were pleasantly surprised upon entering the restaurant and even more surprised upon reviewing the menu. The meal itself was delicious! I highly recommend the foie gras appy -- it was wonderful! Fish entrees were all very good and the dessert special, pumpkin cheese cake with a hot milk shake -- yummy! All three of us enjoyed our meal and the wait staff was terrific as well. We will be back for sure!

• Visited October 2013

“Excellent as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

This is a consistent choice for either a couples night out, evening with friends, or private party. Great for catered events too. I have never been disappointed. Nice bar and wine selections. Great choice for a gift card!

Visited September 2013
lockport, ny
“Excellent Thai Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Had a wonderful Thai dinner here recently. Based on the server's recommendation we ordered the Phad Prig as she said it had a "bite" of 7 out of 10. I would put it closer to 2... However, it was delicious. The menu well thought out. It runs the gamut from Asian to typical American dishes; from appetizers to soups & salads to Thai, seafood, steaks, and vegetarian; & I must say that I will be back to try more. There is really something for everyone here. The chef offers a few specials daily, and they are definitely interesting. We would have ordered one of those, but were in the mood for Thai cuisine and the specials of the day on our visit didn't quite fit the bill. The wine list is amazing and the staff is knowledgeable in suggesting pairings.
Please don't be put off by the outward appearance of the restaurant. It's located in a "strip mall" building also housing a grocery store, a sports bar, and a few other small businesses. The outward appearance is that of Asian inspired signage painted on glass windows - reminded me of an all you can eat Chinese buffet. We almost didn't go in... However, once inside, the small dining room is nicely decorated, comfortable, and intimate.
I'm told the owner/chef prepares the food and his wife is the hostess. We were treated to excellent service and wonderful food at very reasonable prices. BTW - soup or salad is included with entrees and the Tom Yum was great!

• Visited July 2013
Clifton, New Jersey
“Another excellent meal!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

PS is our go to for a night of good food and good service. Again they did not disappoint. The starters were great especially the bacon wrapped shrimp with a horseradish sauce. This is a must have when I eat there. The main dishes were all very good and perfectly executed. The black cod was delicious and the Thai pork chop was cooked just right and had a nice balance in the seasoning. The best dish this night was the Thai duck. The preparation was just flawless. The outside was thoroughly crisp but not burned and the inside was tender and moist. The orange curry sauce that was served on the side was great. It was a good spicy accompaniment to the duck. The dessert course was good as always. The only let down was the creme brûlée the top was not seared enough so the crispness was not quite finished and the inside was a little runnier than usual.

Other observations: The service was excellent and the owner came around a couple of times and was constantly visible. The dining room was a little warmer than it should be but it was an exceptionally hot day and there was not much that can be done about that. The wine list is good and well thought out. However I do not think the wine is cellared properly and ours was definitely served warmer than it should be but was none the less very good. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited July 2013
central New York
“A Perfect Date From Start to Finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

My new boyfriend took me here for an amazing dinner, knowing I'm a bit of a food-obsessed girl :) The evening did not disappoint! We started with the Chicken Satay, which was simple and traditionally done. Tasty. For an entree I had the Marinated Tuna Stack -- which was absolutely outstanding! From the visual presentation to each component of the dish: spectacular! I could eat this every time I go there! My BF enjoyed the Shrimp Scallops with Asian Pesto, which was also very nicely presented and delicious. I was vacillating on a wine that would go with well with both dishes and decided on the Sauvion Vouvray, France (Bin 622) - it did not disappoint! Being that the portions were so properly sized, we both had room for dessert, and shared the pots de cream. It too was perfectly done. I highly recommend P.S. for any special occasion -- even if the occasion is simply wanting a fantastic meal!!

• Visited May 2013