“Consistently the best Indian food we've ever had”

Moghul Fine Indian Cuisine
Ranked #13 of 98 Restaurants in Vestal
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Plaza Drive
Binghamton, New York
“Consistently the best Indian food we've ever had”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Moghul is one of my family's favorite restaurants! They have plenty of options for everyone, whether you like things spicy or mild, and they are even very accommodating to my daughter, who doesn't like traditional Indian food (she loves the Chicken Kabob off the appetizer menu, a side of ranch dressing, free popcorn from the bar, and naan).

The Chicken Tikka Masala and Chicken Mekhani are just out of this world, and when coupled with their delicious rice and their regular or garlic naan (the chili naan is also wonderful if you like things hot enough to set your lips on fire), we eat family style and don't leave a drop of sauce or grain of rice behind! I would say, though, that the prices for dinner are a bit high compared to the portion sizes, particularly since you have to pay extra for the naan, but the entrees are filling and very tasty.

With a 14 year old son, though, the lunch buffet is a much better value. As another reviewer mentioned, the buffet doesn't have more than a dozen or so options, but I find it hard to believe that diners who like Indian food can't find at least a few items in there that they love (admittedly, my non-Indian-food-loving daughter would not find anything on this buffet that she'd eat). The buffet items are generally seasoned mildly, and they usually have our favorite Chicken Tikka Masala (my son eats 2 heaping plates full of it!). I find it odd that for the lunch buffet, they bring a plate of sizzling roasted chicken to the table for you. I usually politely decline this complimentary offering, although if chicken tikka masala isn't on the buffet that day, I'll take a vegetable masala item from the buffet and add the roasted chicken to it to make my own version at the table.

Dinner service can be a bit slow at times, but I think it's a cultural thing - they don't want anyone to feel rushed. As long as you know to expect it, it isn't a big deal, and you can always flag the waiter down early for any leftover packaging or your check.

We adore Moghul and are regular customers - really love it there!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank DJ607

New Jersey
“Surprise find in a small town”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Went for dinner while visiting the area on a business trip. It was a surprise find. The interior and the décor is that of any big city restaurant, very impressive interior. Very courteous staff. Food was excellent. Will beat any New York City Indian restaurant anytime in food and interior and service. Naan was soft and was the way it should be made, not like lifeless flat bread some Indian restaurants serve. If you like Indian food, go to this one.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank RSB B
Binghamton, New York
“Mixed Bag”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We went here for the buffet. The first thing my husband said was that it was not a buffet; he expected more than 5 or 6 items. The food is extremely spicy although they told me it was not. That angered me because I paid for nothing. I was extremely disgusted when the waiter came by to refill my husband's drink. He had previously stopped at another table to collect dishes. HE LEFT THEM ON OUR TABLE WHILE HE WENT TO GET THE DRINK! That's right. Somebody else's dirty dishes on our table while we ate. Epitome of disgusting. $40 down the drain. There were not many people there besides us. I don't see it lasting much longer.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Astro1217
Bishkek
“Still full 6 hours later...”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and I ventured to this restaurant to celebrate my acquisition of conjunctivitis. We came for the lunch buffet, and were pleasantly surprised by the variety of delicious options. I could not stop eating the Vegetable Korma for the life of me. My husband ate enough chicken to kill several hen houses. Can you imagine our absolute shock when the waiter rolled out with additional Chicken Tandoori on a hot plate? I almost fainted. The service was delectable and mostly impeccable. We recommend this restaurant to all who need a mood lifter due to unexpected forays into the world of conjunctivitis.

• Visited March 2014
5 Thank Jak U
Vestal, NY
“Excellent”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I am originally from the metropolitan NY area but have lived in Vestal/Binghamton for a long time. I have been going to Moghul since they opened, and consider it one of the best restaurants around here of any cuisine. The decor is very nice, the food excellent, the service very good. Best of all, they are consistent. I have taken people here from all over and they have all enjoyed the experience. As a vegetarian, I can also vouch for a large choice in vegetarian dishes. I try to sample different ones when I go, and they have all been delicious. I highly recommend it.

• Visited December 2013