“Dinner out with first time Indian eater”

Moghul Fine Indian Cuisine
Ranked #10 of 101 Restaurants in Vestal
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Plaza Drive
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

My favorite Indian restaurant in Binghamton. Love the chicken makhani and the naan here is amazing. Always friendly wait staff. I took my dad here who says I talk a lot about Indian and he wanted to give it a try. He loved everything we ordered.

Been here for the lunch buffet as well and I highly recommend it for first timers if you don't go with someone who has eaten Indian before. Moghul gives a great buffet selection and even gives you a piece of tandoori chicken and some naan at the buffet. Great way to try it out without worrying you are ordering something weird.

They also participate in the loop rewards and when we went they were offering a free appetizer with a dinner coupon so check to see if they have any specials going with loop rewards.

1  Thank Meredith L

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

We were staying overnight at the Marriott residence Inn and this place was very close and rated Highly on Yelp. First of all, the place is beautiful. Wallcoverings and waterfalls and beaded room dividers really enhanced the vibe. Music at the perfect volume and very soft lighting. It definitely felt like date night! We have a lot of very authentic Indian restaurants near our home and enjoy it very much. Luckily, the executive chef came around the tables to say hello and I was able to ask him about different foods that I could eat due to my severe seafood allergy. He was very attentive and made sure that my food was made without any anchovy paste or fish sauce and he made sure that there was no cross-contamination in the kitchen. He spoke about his family's recipes and you could tell that he really enjoyed sharing his culture with people. All the servers were very friendly and knew everything about the menu. They seemed enthusiastic about the food and truly wanted us to have a great experience. Binghamton is three hours away but we're going to get back there someday! I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

During a road trip for business I was staying at the hotel next door and (after trying several nearby places and finding them disappointing) I was very pleased with my Sag Paneer to go order, and the wine I had at the bar. As far as Indian food goes, this was as good as I've had. And I've written articles about Indian spices.

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Went for lunch had to wait for them to open. Once in side smelled of lysol and curry not a good combo. Had the buffet only 2 meats the rest veggies. Don't think we will go.back.

Reviewed 13 May 2016

Hard to review this place. First, this is our 2nd visit but we hadn't been here in several years. I made a reservation for 3 but that seemed to throw off the person on the phone. He kept asking me "3?" as if no one dines out unless they are a couple or 4 people. When he asked me if the 3rd person was a child and I said no, that really threw him.

We arrived that evening for our dinner. They really could've cared less if we had a reservation or not. Never even asked our name. We were a party of 3 adults but were seated at a table for 6. Very odd. But okay.....

Then came the wait. And the wait. And the wait. Finally, after about 20 minutes our server (I think) came to take our drink order. We figured we had better order the food at the same time because who knows how long that might take.

You guessed it. From the time we put our order in until the time our food was delivered, it was 52 minutes. And the waiter never visited our table in between taking our order and a different waiter delivering our food!

Now for the food. Absolutely delicious. Everything we had was cooked perfectly, spiced perfectly, simply wonderful. Not that the waiter ever checked back with us to see how we were doing. But another waiter, and no, not the one who delivered the meals, did stop by to see how we liked everything.

After finishing our meals, we waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, someone came to clear our plates and our original waiter arrived to present our check to us.

It was truly one of the strangest dining experiences we've ever had. I'm not sure I can recommend this place yet the food was so very good that I'm not sure how I cannot recommend it.

So I leave it up to you. Delicious food, but don't arrive hungry because you will wait. And wait. And wait :-)