“Bob's Review”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Vestal
Kennesaw, United States
“Bob's Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I absolutely loved my stay at this hotel, not because it was a beautiful room, but rather because of the friendliness and helpfulness of the entire staff. The evening meals were really good and I must say that I probably ate too much. I will definitely stay at this hotel in the future!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sarah_Kaminsky, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Thanks Bob! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Thanks for the wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Islip, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I would not stay here again. The WiFi was so slow, I got a better connection using my Verizon cell phone as a hot spot. TV service was no where near as good as my FiOS and the caulking on the bathtub was dirty.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sarah_Kaminsky, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
I am SO sorry about the caulk in your tub. I will try and figure out which room you were in and make sure that it was taken care of. We do have Ethernet cables available which usually help with internet speed. We are in the process of upgrading our WiFi so that we will not have this issue. As a manager I do a lot of work on the computer and I know internet speed is very important. I do appreciate you taking the time to write a review and let us know what we need to work on. I hope you reconsider and stay with us again if you are ever in the area.
Cortlandt Manor, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

The room was a studio. It was very nice, spacious and clean. It was conveniently located and away from the major traffic of Vestal Parkway.
The one issue I had was that the ceiling/floor allowed sound to travel. I couldn't fall asleep because of noise above me and I was woken up at 5am with movement from above.

Room Tip: Don't choose the ground floor - due to noise from above and also need to keep curtains shut sinc...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sarah_Kaminsky, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank so much for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We don't normally have noise issues so, always let us know! We can usually take care of the situation immediately so you can rest well. We hope to see you again, and we'll make sure you get a 2nd floor room!
Long Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Binghamton is a nice small city but honestly there is a limited number of things to do there outside of the natural beauty of the area and SUNY-Binghamton. For many, heading to this area, visiting the SUNY-Binghamton campus is the purpose of their visit. This pleasant hotel is the very close to the campus.

Coming from Route 17, which is probably the most common way to come for many, it is very hard to miss the place, as it is up on a hill and slightly out of the way. I had to double back once my GPS told me I had arrived and I did not see the hotel on my first pass. Coming the other way, I saw the sign up on the hill and I made my way there.

The staff was pleasant and the rooms were nicely situated. The beds were comfy and the large rooms were clean. The breakfast had a large and nice selection.

The only problem we ran into was the lack of hot water in the shower. The manager was very apologetic and gave us a large reduction on the bill for our troubles, which we thought was very fair. We suspect the problem we had was isolated to our unit.

Overall we were happy with the place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sarah_Kaminsky, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you so much. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay here. I'm pretty sure the hot water situation was isolated to your room. We do have individual hot water heaters in each room, and they do run out if lots of hot water is used but this is not typical and usually 3 or 4 showers can be taken before this happens. I am so glad that you were taken care of, and we appreciate you letting us know about the situation so we can be sure it doesn't happen to another guest. I am glad you were happy with your stay and I hope you will visit us again if you are in the area.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We were on our way to NYC for a long weekend (leaving from Ottawa, Canada), we decided to break up the drive and stay at this Residence Inn in Binghamton. The location of the hotel is a little hard to find at first, but once you know when the turn is for the hotel, it is well worth it. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We arrived just around 5:30 p.m. and we had a lite dinner (included) at the hotel. The room was just great for two couples (on two floors). Two bedrooms and two bathrooms and a full kitchen. The room was clean and tidy. We had breakfast the following morning and it was very good, hot and cold breakfast items included with the price of the hotel. I would recommend staying at this hotel to friends.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you SO much for the review! We were so happy to have you stay with us. I hope that your trip to NYC was wonderful. We'd love to have you back! Stay with us anytime.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

The Residence Inn was great---personable staff who answered questions, was always available and attentive--we thoroughly enjoyed Sam's excellent dining suggestions (we probably gained a few pounds!), and Sarah and all are delightful!
This inn is an excellent example of hospitality and service--thank you!
Hope to come back at somepoint for fun instead of work!

A spoiled guest

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sarah_Kaminsky, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We wish you could have stayed with us longer. There are SO many wonderful restaurants around here... so glad we could help you choose a few that you enjoyed. Come back any time!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

My two story,two bedroom place was spacious and clean. It had a full kitchen, two baths, three tv's, and a fireplace . Spread out over multiple buildings, it had more of a condo complex feel to it. Free cookies, manager's meal at night, free breakfast (basic but ample) all made it a good value.

Parking was right out front and free. The exercise room needs help though. There is one Tv for the space; the units on the equipment did not work. When I went in to use it, another guest was engrossed in a quite graphic movie with considerable nudity and foul language. He was unwilling to try another channel and even with my iPod, I could hear and see it . Creepy. I left. They need new equipment with individual controls.

I would stay again although the gym was a real negative . Since it is such a busy highway running outside was not an option .

• Stayed October 2013
Sarah_Kaminsky, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Wow! I wish you would have reported the other guest to the front desk immediately. We would have had the channel changed. We really don't allow any graphic shows in any of our public areas. I can definitely see why you were uncomfortable. Our treadmills do have individual televisions as well. I can understand that running outside was not an option, but we do have an affiliation with another local gym that is open 24/7 and free for our guests. We hope you come back, and we'll definitely keep an eye on what's on the TV in the fitness center. Thanks for the review!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vestal
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Courtyard Binghamton
Courtyard Binghamton
#5 of 9 in Vestal
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University

Been to Residence Inn Binghamton? Share your experiences!