Residence Inn Binghamton
Parkway Inn(Vestal)
US$80
US$68
US$58
All reviewsfull kitchenservice roadliving roomseparate buildingstwo storybit hard to findvanity areawafflesupon checkfirst floorniagara fallsbreakfast areabusiness tripabove averagecomplimentary breakfastfireplacebinghamton
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Residence Inn Binghamton. The room was neat and clean upon arrival. The bed was very comfortable and so was the pull-out sofa according to my roommate. I was very close to SUNY Binghamton which was my destination for the evening. Every one in the hotel from check-in to check-out was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was everything one could ask for. All in all, a very pleasant experience!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sarah_Kaminsky, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay in the Binghamton area. We hope to see you again when you are in town.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The Residence Inn is by far and away the best run hotel in Binghamton! The staff is very much guest friendly and understands the importance of making sure the guests are comfortable and provided everything that they need. I always feel so very welcome when I stay at this Residence Inn and I highly recommend it to anyone.
Bob Sproull

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sarah_Kaminsky, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are so happy that you think we are the best hotel in the area. We like to think so too. Thank you SO much for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We go every year in early May for a dance competition at the university just down the street. We always pick the Residence Inn Vestal. The loft room we pick is a big hit with my teenage daughter who loves having the upstairs bedroom and bathroom to herself while my wife and I have the main level room. The kitchen is relatively full-sized and eating space and living space are generous, which is useful for anyone wanting to settle in. Beds are nice and comfortable and sufficiently firm. The bathrooms are in good shape. The upper loft floor is squeaky around the bathroom area. I think the floors are getting old, but not a real complaint.

The breakfast area is generously sized and the food is fine, which is in line with complementary breakfast expectations.

The property itself is fairly basic, so you need to realize what you are getting with your stay. This time of year, the outdoor pool is not yet open, so you won't go for a swim. There is a simple little workout room with room for a couple people; I used it without issue but it's not a real gym. There is a basketball court space out back. Other than that, it's ringed by parking spaces.

I like the personnel there. They are efficient, friendly, and attentive. Always a good interaction and very professional. It has a family atmosphere too.

Room Tip: We always go for the two bedroom lofts; that's what sets this hotel apart.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank stevelappan
Sarah_Kaminsky, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you so much for writing a review about our hotel. We are so happy to have you here each year for the Gymnastics Tournament. I must say you are correct, the 2 bedroom loft is definitely what sets us apart. I don't think there are any other hotel suites that rival the space that our suite offers. We are so glad that you enjoy staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again next year. Thank you so much for the wonderful review.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great stay. They were very nice and the location was very convenient to everything. We felt comfortable with our dog there. It had a area devoted to pet walking and a place to deposit poo bags. We enjoyed our stay there very much. We will be back.

Room Tip: If you have pets, lower floor may be better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are so happy that you found the accommodations to be so comfortable. We can't wait to have to have you back. Thanks so much for the review.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn, Vestal this weekend. The room was what they referred to as a penthouse.....but was just a regular two bed room, two bathroom. The room smelled very musky and so we had to leave the front entrance door open to air the place out. The floors were so squeaky, especially upstairs where the second bed room was located. On the first floor parts of floor were warped felt like you were stepping into a hole. They seem to have covered the vinyl flooring with carpet. The day we arrived, was the day they also chose to clean the carpet which was quite an inconvenience with having two small kids. We had to leave because the carpets were wet. They should try to clean the carpet when the rooms are not booked.
The air condition vents were another issue, the vents were so old and twisted out of shape, so we couldn't close them or change their direction so the air kept blowing on the bed all night. We tried shutting off the air condition, but the room got so hot and the musky smell would come back. Not good because we all woke up tired and with a stuffy nose.
The size of the room was nice, the beds were clean and nicely made and bathrooms were replenished for the two days we spent there. All in all an ok stay but no whoa factor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kjwl
Sarah_Kaminsky, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us. We really appreciate you choosing our hotel. We do have our carpets professionally cleaned every 6 months. We do this in order to keep up with the high expectations our guests have come to know and expect. I am so sorry yours was still a bit wet. I do apologize. I will have maintenance look into the other issues you mentioned and we will be sure to rectify them as soon as possible. I hope if you are every in the area you will stay with us again so can be sure to amaze you with our wonderful service. Thanks again for the review!