“No Complaints”

Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Vestal
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed here July 15 for one night. It was really pleasant. People very friendly. Room very clean. My daughter loved it. She accidentally ordered a movie, unbeknownst to me. When I got the bill and explained the situation, they deleted it from my bill, without interrogation. Will definitely stay at Quality Inn again.
The hotel was nice and quiet. Most importantly I felt safe and secure.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Minerva S
Keith S, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

We are so glad you had such a great experience as commented on your recent review on Tripadvisor. I'm glad we were able assist you with the pay per view movie. It's great to hear we made you feel so safe and secure, as we understand how extremely important this is. Your comments about how clean and nice the rooms are will be passed along to our staff. Thank you again for your wonderful comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Ours was a Choice employee stay with family. Was provided with a crib that worked great. Wonderful, clean room and comfortable bedding, I found the bed too hard and didn't sleep well but the rest of the family thought it was fine. Fantastic pool, never crowded, heat controlled. It was wonderful to come back to in the evening and swim until dusk, really enjoyed it. Hotel appearance and accomodations were great! We ordered from the restaurant around 9-10pm and took it back to the room, the family ate a regular 3 course meal! Breakfast was very good, offered a lot of choices, we just about made it on time and attendant allowed us to get what we wanted. It could use a new toaster and another waste backet. Also had a guest laundry room which helped, not many hotels have one, loved it! We even had a late check out at no extra charge and housekeeping started knocking on the door but finally got everyone moving, enjoyed it so much wish our stay could have been a bit longer. Lovely hotel.

Room Tip: We alway get a room on the first floor near the pool and close to lobby (in between doors A and B...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Keith S, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

It's nice to hear that your stay with us recently at the hotel was so awesome! It sounds like your all around experience went very well. Glad to also hear you are part of the choice family. We are so glad to see you recognized the great appearance as we just finished renovations a few months back. So glad you enjoyed the pool so much as well. Thanks again for the great review! We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The hotel is in a location convenient to the highways, restaurants and shopping. Property is very clean. Hallways are well-lit and very clean.

Staff is EXCELLENT. I had to wash a bunch of softball uniforms and the machine broke. The maintenance man came and got my sopping wet uniforms at 10pm and offered to wash them in the hotel laundry! They dried them for me as well, and said they'd FOLD them if they had time! They were waiting for me at the front desk the next morning. Everyone at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful and seemed to take pride in their job.

Thank you!!

Room Tip: If you are there with a softball tournament...stay away from the ice machines...they start using the...
1  Thank Softballmom767
Keith S, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I'm sorry for the issue with the guest laundry machine, but was so glad to hear that we were able to resolve this for you. It's great to hear that you had such a great experience with the front desk staff as well. We look forward to seeing the team next year. Be sure to stay with us if traveling through on business or pleasure. Thanks again for the wonderful comments!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Hi so we got there on a Mon. 7/8 and my kids were very impressed with the room...thought we'd get 2 queen beds but then it was only 2 full beds...A/C worked wonderfully; plenty of room within the room...t.v. worked....bathroom and vanity were very nice...had hard time sleeping on the mattress tho...they said it was recently renovated...they need to renovate their mattresses....I told the mgr. in the am and he told me that there were newer mattresses in different rooms. Was HIGHLY disappointed with the fact that my son, at 10:30pm had to go to another floor to buy a bottle of water because they ran out of water in their machine on our floor....THAT really bothered me......When it came to breakfast, my kids ate heartily and were very happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a new mattress...and closer to the lobby so you can be closer to the breakfast r...
1  Thank felice r
Keith S, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments on the renovations. We continue to replace mattresses a few rooms at a time. I apologize for our vending machine running out of water. We would gladly bring one up to you at any time. Thank you again for your review. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

I was a bit concerned having been booked at Quality Inn as I tend to stay at Marriott or Hilton properties. The hotel has been recently renovated, the lobby is very nice, the rooms are new with a small refrigerator and the WIFI worked well. However, as previously mentioned the bathrooms are a little small but functional. The free breakfast was comparable to what is offered at similar properties and the breakfast room was very nice, large and sunny. The hotel is on the same road as several other hotels and there are a few places that you can walk to for dinner. So why do I only consider the hotel as average? While just nicely renovated the bathrooms are small and the ceiling on the 2nd floor is low, the pool is outside, the hallways long. These are limitations of an older building. However, there are a few things that can be addressed that impacted my rating: 1) The fire alarm went of both nights during my stay. While it was quickly "silenced" it did wake me up as it should! 2) The is non-smoking hotel but there were a lot of smokers hanging out at the front door. 3) The Front Desk Clerk on the night shift was sitting in chair in the lobby at 5:45AM watching TV covered by a blanket - not very professional and 4) There several buses of tourists who arrived in the breakfast area at the same time overwhelming the breakfast buffet. The woman staffing breakfast did an excellent job trying to keep up but an extra person, some extra coffee, etc.. would have helped.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank grump51
Keith S, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you for your recent review on Trip advisor. It’s great to hear that we exceeded your prior expectations. We are very happy to hear so many guests recognizing the efforts put forth in the recent renovations. We also appreciate the feedback on the challenges you faced. Please rest assured that we will follow up immediately with this. Thanks again for your comments

Reviewed 23 May 2013

The hotel has been recently renovated. The lobby is very welcoming and the rooms are new and fresh. The bathrooms are a little on the small side in the king suite but it serves the purpose. It has a nice lounge right in the hotel and a Japanese steakhouse attached to the building and many other good restaurants nearby. As always with choice hotels a free breakfast and wifi are a nice bonus.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Keith S, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor. We are so proud of our newly renovated property, and it’s great to hear such positive comments from our guests. I’m glad you took advantage of our lounge and Fuji San restaurant during your stay. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

My experience at the Quality Inn Suites at Binghamton University was great. The room/suite was spacious and clean and the king sized bed was very comfortable. The staff were very accommodating and helpful and the breakfast service was excellent. I will definitely make reservations to stay there again for my son's graduation next year and will recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Keith S, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. It’s nice to hear that you had such a great experience. We will share this with our staff. We are so glad that we will be seeing more of you and your family, as your son continues his education at Binghamton University this fall. We look forward to seeing you in October for parent’s weekend. Thanks again for the wonderful comments!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vestal
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Candlewood Suites Vestal - Binghamton
Courtyard by Marriott Binghamton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton

Been to Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University? Share your experiences!