“mediocre at best”

Ranked #42 of 92 Restaurants in Victor
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Distillery invites you discover the sensational flavors of our menu - we proudly serve premium quality and affordable food and drinks, including fresh (never frozen) USDA Choice Steaks and Burgers. We source the highest quality beef in the market place that is tender and juicy with a rich clean flavor. Additionally you'll find fresh seafood and chicken specialties along with hand-crafted sandwiches, delicious pasta dishes, fresh crisp salads and classic and unique appetizers. Our soups, sauces and salad dressings are prepared fresh daily using our original recipes... And our specialty drinks are innovative, delicious and always thirst-quenching.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stopped here from the airport hoping to find some craft beers and a quick bite....hence "The Distiillery". Beer choices were adequate and the sauteed spinach I ordered was "SO" salty (and I enjoy my food salted) that I had no choice but to send it back.
To their credit the manager sent his apologies and deducted the spinach but the experience was disappointing. The Bud Lite seemed to be as about exotic as the beer choices got and service was slow.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is a terrific restaurant with a new location in Victor, NY. Lively environment with plenty of televisions throughout the restaurant to keep up on all the sports action. Big menu with lots of good selections from appetizers to dinners and desserts.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

we were a large group on a Friday night. Wings were under cooked & medium, we ordered over cooked and hot. Waitress disappeared, so we ate them, not very good. I had chili, not very good. My wife's salad came with the wrong dressing.
We have been to their other locations Mt Hope & Winton Rd with success, but we won't be going back to the Victor location.

Larry T, Managing Partner at The Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback with regards to your visit with us at the Victor Distillery. Most people would say nothing and never return. We want to make every visit a great experience for all our guests. We teach our staff to offer hospitality, to attend to all guests needs and to involve the management team if there is ever a question of their satisfaction. Its apparent that our team missed with you. To help us improve, would you send some details of your visit so I can ascertain why we didn't deliver on our promise of satisfaction, Time of your arrival, number in your party and area you were seated...Servers name would be helpful but not necessary. Please email me at Larry@thedistillery.com

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This restaurant had early bird food specials between the hours of 4-6PM weekdays where you could get 1/2 price appetizers. My husband and I love the french onion soup and potato skins which was a great deal as they were both on the appetizer menu. Now, the potato skins are considered a "meal", not an appetizer. Currently,at $8.99 for several very small potato skins,this does not constitute a "meal" in my book. Still love the french onion soup but we'll be coming here much less often than before. Also, music playing in the bar area the night we were there was "abrasive", far from relaxing/uplifting.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I am a Rochester area native and I even remember the first time I went to the Distillery on Mt Hope, it was awesome. They had lots of TV’s, good food and friendly people, so I was excited when I heard that they were going to open one close to me in Victor. Unfortunately, the Distillery in Victor falls far short of the service and the atmosphere of the one on Mt. Hope. I think they are trying to be less of a Sports Bar and more of a family mall restaurant. If you want a fun night out with friends to watch a game and have some laughs avoid this bar, it’s not for you. The manager is a serious fun sponge! The food is barely passible and our waitress was ok.