“Horrible beds and unclean rooms”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Victor
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Upon entering the room first notice was that the rooms are tiny, my suitcase barely fit in between the bed and the wall. The room was OK , they just missed a few spots in dusting and needs a lot of maintenance. The bathroom was tiny and very cramped, had holes and peeling paint / wall paper. Their beds and pillows were very uncomfortable. the front desk guy was an idiot, wasn't very intelligent what so ever. I checked the air filters on my rooms p-tac air conditioner and they were very filthy as if they've never been cleaned I'm talking between 1/4"-1/2" of built up crap.

Room Tip: Don't even bother checking in here......
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,257)

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Reviewed 24 February 2013

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Conveniently located at the Rochester exit (exit 45) of I-90, New york State thruway. Have stayed at this location several times, rooms are clean, check-in & out always easy.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

It's a good little hotel for the $$. Could've been cleaner by my standards. I may not stay here again based on the cleanliness or lack thereof.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. I do hope you stay with us in the future and your stay is much more to the standards it should be. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Room was a bit small. No table or chair but there was a cushioned sitting area under the window. T.V. in the room I had was a decent size and was elevated above a closet which was more comfortable for my personal needs because I like to lay in bed and watch television. The hotel didn't have many occupants when I was there so I can't say much about the noise levels except that you can hear the occasional truck going by on the interstate but my room was far enough back that it didn't interrupt my sleep. No coffee maker in room but since space was limited, there would have been even less space and coffee is available in the lobby area. An extra blanket would have been nice as I prefer to sleep in a cooler room instead of turning the heat way up.
The rooms were via inside hallways and I liked the fact that I could see my vehicle right outside of my room window.
Bathroom was clean and towels were sufficient. Toiletries were okay. Microwave and good sized refrigerator in room.
Breakfast area was small but was well organized. No hot food though. The usual continental style with a few extra's such as corn muffins and yogurts.
Staff was helpful and pleasant.
I travel with my dogs and they are pet friendly so that is a big plus.
When I arrived, I was offered a chocolate chip cookie which was a nice welcome.
It is just a tad confusing to find because the driveway is shared with a fitness center and it's easy to pass because it's right after getting through the intersection.
Overall the room rate was not exhorbitant and minus the issue of a somewhat cramped space, my experience was very good and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Thank you so much for your great feedback. We always value our guests oppinions and take into careful consideration any suggestions you may have to make your stay as comfortable and pleasent as possible.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Microtel was rated high in "Consumer Reports". I stayed based on that recommendation. My stay was delightfully satisfactory. Comfort, cleanliness, amenities, all were in line with the GREAT PRICE I paid. Your hotel totally meets my needs and expectaions. I will definately keep Microtel on the top of my lodging list in future travels.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We appreciate your business and I am so glad to hear that you had a great stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Victor
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
Comfort Inn & Suites Farmington - Victor
Homewood Suites Rochester - Victor
Finger Lakes Hotel
Finger Lakes Hotel
#3 of 4 in Farmington

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester? Share your experiences!