“Friendly and comfortable”
Review of Springdale Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Victor
Springdale Farm
Pittsburgh
“Friendly and comfortable”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Springdale Farms is a very attractive 1820 vintage farm house, and yet the rooms are very comfortable and up to date, including free wifi and great showers. Eileen is friendly and helpful and her breakfasts are delicious. We stayed twice, on our way to and back from the Adirondacks, and had lemon ricotta pancakes on the first stay and waffles stuffed with fresh local peaches on the second. Across the road is the Mary Frances Bluebird Sanctuary which we recommend for a before breakfast stroll (breakfast is not served on weekends until 9 a.m.). While on the property you do feel like you are in rolling farmland, but there is a lot of housing and condo development in the immediate area, and the enormous Eastview Mall is very close by. The plus side of that is that you are both close to the Finger Lakes (esp. Canandaigua) going south and to Rochester going north, and many of the people we breakfasted with were taking advantage of the location's proximity to both. All and all a very nice place to relax.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ithaca, New York, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I went to Springdale Farm Bed and Breakfast with several girlfriends, We loved it! The rooms were fresh and clean and perfectly decorated with antiques, pretty linens, and nice art. There was none of the clutter that often plagues "country" B&Bs. Breakfast was delicious, especially the fresh fruit, which was outstanding. The host was helpful and hospitable . We would definitely go back. This B&B was just perfect! I wouldn't have changed a thing.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have tried contacting the office multipul times and no luck. I sent an emai with a few questions 1 about late check in 2 about breakfast delivered to room and 3 about the minimum 2 night stay and if my child would be able to stay with us the second night. The response I received was late check in is ok... Breakfast delivered at extra cost... That was all fine and well with me... Thenybhe third answer I'm still blown away by. I was told I would have to also rent the connecting room in order for my 2yr old to stay the night with us on the 2nd night.the reasoning was to be considerate of other guests. Now please keep in mind both rooms had an extra bed. When I asked to please explain the logic behind this I received this as a response "I'm sorry you feel that way but that's the best I can do for you" I am extremely unimpressed, especially when other bed and breakfasts allow a small child at an extra cost not to rent a whole other room!

Stayed July 2013
SpringdaleFarmbb_123, Owner at Springdale Farm, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Family Friendly:
Of course we are. As a retired educational administer I have a true love for families and their children.
Please note our policy. It is posted on our reservation page with our other policies.
Families and Groups with Small Children:
Children are welcome if 8 years or older; well-behaved younger children will be allowed with special permission and only if both rooms on the same level are booked, by the same family or group.

I have to be considerate of ALL guests that are traveling with or without children. Each level of the Inn has two adjacent rooms. We have found that our policy for children under the age of 8, allows families with small children the option to stay at our Inn. It also allows the other guests the quiet and comfort they are seeking when they want to be away from children. We have had and will continue to have guests come and stay with small children. We do not want to be unfriendly to anyone.
Please note request when booking online on our web site
Policy
Please note greeted check in is between 4:00PM and 6:00PM. Late or early check in must be prearranged. Please email or call us for late arrival check-in procedure. Check-in after 10:00PM will not be accepted. Check out is by 11:00 AM.
Traveling with a child under the age of 8 please call for availability.
Saratoga Springs, NY
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I'm just back from another wonderful stay at Springfield Farm B&B. Victor is a central gathering place for my extended family and we have made a tradition out of staying at Springdale Farm. It's a gorgeous place all by itself, but the hospitality seals the deal. I love the barns, the huge front lawn where my aunts, uncles, cousins and I caught up with each other; and the comfy beds. I stayed in the Seneca Room this time, a hideway in the eaves. I slept soundly. It was a relaxing trip all the way around. Thank you again, Don and Eileen.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Queensville Ontario
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stayed in the Black and Tan room on May 23 -25. Large room with ensuite and beatiful views of rolling countryside. I had trouble prying my wife out of the huge bed with a great mattress. 10 minutes from a huge mall with a great selection of stores. People in the area are very polite and friendly and the hosts make you feel at home. Exceptional breakfasts cooked to perfection.
Went to Dinosaur BBQ in Rochester - fun place with fantastic ribs. Nice quiet ,elegant B&B.

Room Tip: Black and Tan room is very spacious
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 27 February 2013

My girlfriend and I drove up to the Finger Lakes for the long weekend and decided to stay in one of the many bed and breakfasts in the area. Springdale Farms was the perfect place and Eileen was a great hostess. We stayed in the Hideaway room, which has a separate entrance from the main house and its own kitchen. The location is great, close to both the lakes for wine tasting and the mall for shopping and restaurants. Eileen's dog is the cutest fluffball ever! I highly recommend Sprindale for any trip to the Finger Lakes.

Room Tip: The Hideaway room is great. It has its own little kitchen area and a separate room with a couch.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Alexandria Bay, New York
Reviewed 17 February 2013

This was our first stay at a bed and breakfast for my wife and me. After the busy holiday season it was the perfect 3 night getaway in early January. We stayed in the Black and Tan Suite which was perfect. Eileen is a wonderful hostess and a fantastic cook. We went on the wine tasting tour one day and the brwerey tour the following day. We highly recommend this B&B and can't wait to visit again!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester